PDA

View Full Version : Music Archive Update + Info

Hermit
04-04-2002, 04:12 PM
I've decided to put the Zelda conversions on hold for a while since no one really cares for Zelda music anymore (due to vgmusic fulfilling your needs). Instead I'm going to concentrate more on Original stuff by me :)

And for my first release... a "Boss Theme" written and composed by yours truly. This is my first attempt at a "Boss" type theme, I hope you all like it. I'm better suited for epic/adventure themes. I've also included an Mp3 version (which I will most like do with original music) so that you can hear what it SHOULD sound like without the severe limitations of ZC adlib.

I'd appreciate any feedback, positive or negative so I'll know what kinds of things you all would like to see in the future. So what are you waiting for, go get it !!

Link is in my Sig ;)

JayeM
04-04-2002, 04:58 PM
One thing we could really use is a bunch of spooky dungeon music, lots of bass, suspense-building stuff. People are starting to use different music for each dungeon, which leads to a shortage of this kind of thing.

Hermit
04-04-2002, 07:47 PM
Hmmm... I'll see what I can come up with for that. Thanks for the input ;)

(Makes mental notes and such)

Anything else ?

C-Dawg
04-04-2002, 07:52 PM
I'd like to hear a MIDI adeptation of "When I Think About You, I Touch Myself".

-C

Hermit
04-04-2002, 08:12 PM
I'm sure you can find a midi of that yourself. I'm through converting existing music to midi, as a couple of you have mentioned... theres vgmusic and whatever. I believe you were one of those people if I recall correctly C-Dawg. I thought I'd be doing yall a favor by converting songs that hadn't been put into midi yet (ala Sound & Drama + Hyrule Symphony), but all I got outta that was "why do we need this? there's vgmusic... blah blah". So, sorry can't help ya there. You show no love, you get no love ;)

No offense.

Hermit
04-05-2002, 02:12 PM
Ahhh another day... another post... another release.

Into The Shadows midi + Mp3

A spooky dungeon crawler theme as suggested by JayeM ;)

Hermit
04-06-2002, 04:30 AM
Ahhh another day... another post... another release.

The Underworld midi + Mp3

Another spooky dungeon crawler theme ;)

(As you've probably notived, at the moment I'm sticking with simple "loopable" themes. I'll get into full scores later on)

Blankboard
04-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Hey those are pretty cool. But I have a question... can you make a spooky space/futuristic dungeon theme that is slightly upbeat... kinda like some Metroid music.... if its good I might see some really good potentionality for you:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hermit
04-06-2002, 03:24 PM
I've already written entire soundtracks for 3 fan projects in the past. I'm not looking to be graded for my work, so as far as potential goes... if I wasn't good enough, they wouldn't have asked me in the first place. But thanks for the vote of confidence, it's well appreciated. ;)

As for your request of a futuristic "Metroid type" selection, I'll see what I can come up with.

Blankboard
04-06-2002, 03:30 PM
OK sorry didnt think youd get so touchy... what I merely meant was that I cant find anything good at vgmusic and I thought that I may find something that dwarves vgmusic..... :rolleyes: its so hard to find good midis nowadays:rolleyes:

PS: Thanks man

Hermit
04-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Nah I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. All I meant was... hell I don't really know what the I meant, anyway sorry if that came across bad :)

Hermit
04-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Another day... another post... another release...

Time to Fly Midi + Mp3 Released

This was just a little cheery type adventure theme I came up with while pondering possible happy type Overworld themes.