PDA

View Full Version : Turn to ABC news

Smoke2001
04-04-2002, 12:08 PM
hey every one turn your tvs on and go to abc news. bush is making a staement. bout Isreal and palistinia

AlexMax
04-04-2002, 12:20 PM
I saw it.

Wow...all hell is about to break loose in the middle east.

slothman
04-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Whatever happens I am just tired of all this stuff happening there. Either have Isreal conquer Palestine of have Palestine get it's own country and land and be at peace with Isreal.

Smoke2001
04-04-2002, 12:24 PM
I know. GB was triing to make peace or something like that but he was also spankin isreal while he was do it to.......he was sayin all that stuff.

Jigglysaint
04-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Smoke2001
I know. GB was triing to make peace or something like that but he was also spankin isreal while he was do it to.......he was sayin all that stuff.
Hmmm, George Bush, General Bitching. Coincidence, I think not!

Smoke2001
04-04-2002, 01:26 PM
:lol: That's funny.

Starkist
04-04-2002, 02:33 PM
This sounds like a bad thing to say, but there won't be peace until the Palestinians are removed from Israel. They will not rest until Israel is destroyed. They had their chance a year and a half ago for a Palestinian state, but they rejected it.

Before 1967 the Gaza Strip and the West Bank were part of Egypt and Jordan, respectively... so technically Israel never occupied Palestinian lands, they took them from their neighbors. Egypt and Jordan never created a Palestinian state, and both were on good terms with Israel until a few days ago.

Daarkseid
04-04-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by slothman
{or} have Palestine get it's own country and land and be at peace with Isreal.

Thats what the peace plan is calling for so far, that the Palestinians get their own country made from the West Bank. Unfortunately, Israel rightfully wants a cease fire from militant Palestinians before they'll think of signing such a treaty. Unfortunately, this is impossible because the Palestinians have no real authority.

Arafat may be the Palestinian authority leader, but he doesn't control everybody claiming to be a Palestinian, and among the Palestinians you do have the occasional shit head who goes out and blows himself(or herself as one instance was) killing innocents, and Arafat really can't do anything about it. Until Palestinians stop independantly acting and suicide bombing the hell out of everything, Israel isn't just going to "take it" and give anything to the palestinians.

Arcayn
04-04-2002, 02:45 PM
I concur. Then again, Israel should stop its settlement politics. Constructin villages everywhere so the Palestinians can't claim the land back was a bad idea. Even worse is their resistance against a true border (as in a fence), so that nothing prevents the Palestinians from walking into settlements and blowing themselves up in the first place.

Both parties don't seem to be willing to do any concessions. If had to be realistic, I'd have to say peace is a long way off.

Smoke2001
04-04-2002, 02:48 PM
I think that they should try to come at some sort of agreement.

Starkist
04-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Arcayn
...so that nothing prevents the Palestinians from walking into settlements and blowing themselves up in the first place.

Many of the Palestinians commute into Israel proper for work. Most of them aren't suicidal/homicidal maniacs.

Arcayn
04-04-2002, 02:58 PM
That is true, but it doesn't take away from the fact Israel could greatly improve safety by closing their borders better. The main problem would be to recognize terrorist, though. They'll probably be first-time (and last-time, wryly) offenders.

Starkist
04-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Israel also has settlers in the West Bank. If they actually closed the border between them and the West Bank it would divide Jerusalem exactly like Berlin during the cold war.