PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

spideybum
04-04-2002, 11:35 AM
1. How do I get the hammer to work? I can get Link to pick up the hammer, but it doesn't show up in my inventory.

2. The doors in my dungeons don't look right. It seems that the tiles adjacent to the left or right doors are reused for each door type (passage, locked, etc.), so I set it up to look good for passage, and now if I use locked or shutter it looks like there's a crack on either side of the door. Is there a way to fix this?

3. This is probably a no, but is there a way to add new weapons or change what each weapon does?

JayeM
04-04-2002, 12:47 PM
1. Got to Quest-->Sprites-->Items and select the hammer tile you want to appear in your inventory.

2. Is this an original tileset? When making a tileset, make it so that the door part only appears on the middle tile of up/down doors.

3. A definite no, you were right.

spideybum
04-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JayeM
1. Got to Quest-->Sprites-->Items and select the hammer tile you want to appear in your inventory.

I did that already. The hammer still doesn't show up in the inventory.

Nick
04-04-2002, 06:32 PM
Are you using the old inventory screen or the new one?

To get the new one, look for a quest rule that says "New Subscreen" or something like that.

spideybum
04-04-2002, 08:51 PM
That was it, thanks.

I learn something new for this every day. :)

spideybum
04-04-2002, 09:06 PM
OK, I have a new problem. When I use the hammer, it works in that it performs its task, but I can only see the hammer actually being swung if I swing it upwards. In any other direction, Link just makes the motion and no hammer shows up. How do I fix this?

Jigglysaint
04-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Try to use the edit button to edit your posts instead of double posting.

With the hammer, make sure that Links hammer tiles are in the right spot. Then, under the weapon sprites, select the first tile that will use the hammer sprite. The hammer item is different than the hammer sprites. There should be about 8 hammer tiles that are needed. I hope this helps a bit more.

plith
04-04-2002, 10:53 PM
For reference to the correct hammer tiles, take a peek at the tiles in newfirst.qst.

K-Teclis
04-05-2002, 05:32 AM
Remember:
You should grab the newfirst tiles..
The hammer is not easy to draw yourself...
Except the right order of hammer movements!

spideybum
04-05-2002, 11:19 AM
I didn't draw the hammer myself. Anyway, I've got it on the right tile now, so the hammer works fine. Sorry about the double post thing, too. I know better, trust me.