PDA

View Full Version : Little green square

Magus The White
04-02-2002, 11:23 PM
I am haveing trouble with the Starting point at the beggining of my dungeon. I did the pgdn and placed the green square inside the door. I have the teleport from DM1 to the dungeon working. but When Link teleports he is in the upper left corner? Why can't I get this to work? :(

millmill
04-02-2002, 11:43 PM
You're using the wrong colored square. You want to use the dark blue square to allow Link to enter the dungeon.

plith
04-03-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by millmill
You're using the wrong colored square. You want to use the dark blue square to allow Link to enter the dungeon.

Uhhhhh, no. The green square is correct, but only if you're using an Entrance/Exit type warp.

Magus The White
04-03-2002, 02:27 PM
According to the tutorial it's the Green square. I had problems with this before. When I tried to set the place that link would appear when you started the game. No matter where I placed the square link would always appear in the upper left corner of screen 0. :(

plith
04-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Gotta remember the DMap continue point as well. When it starts off, the DMap for the overworld has 00 set as the default starting screen. As for where you're warping, just make sure the following is set:

TYPE: Entrance/Exit
DMAP: (The DMap number of the dungeon you're going to)
SCREEN: (Relative coordinates, meaning based on how it looks in the DMap editor).

If that doesn't work, then we're communicating wrong.

Cloral
04-03-2002, 04:54 PM
I always place both the green and blue squares at entrances and exits so I don't have to worry about which one it is using.

Magus The White
04-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your help. Cloral, I don't know why it worked, but it did. After I placed the blue square over the green the stupid thing worked!:D :mega: :)

Immortal Warrior
04-03-2002, 07:25 PM
of course it did, but that is because you're probably using an insta-warp or some other effect, instead of entrance/exit. While this is all well and good, it does mean that if you were to die in the dungeon you'd restart on screen 00. So I advise you use an entrance exit warp anyhow :)

plith
04-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Plus I sometimes have some other part of my dungeon doing an i-warp w/ zap FX to the first room, so distinction between the green and blue squares helps.