PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who like to rant, but don't want a bloodbath

Jigglysaint
04-01-2002, 10:59 PM
here (http://boards.armageddongames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=114) is a place where you can get your fustrations out, without having to resort to spamming, or name calling. The KTC forum was designed especially for legitimite complains reguarding life, and seeing as how there seems to be a lot of rants in GD, I thought I would remind people of a great place to rant. One rule to keep in mind, is that there is no need for obscene words, and we do enforce that rule. Otherwise, great place to get stuff off your chest without resorting to drastic action like name calling, or just killing eachother. I know there are a few people who will not even click on a site that has a prospect of someone posting illicit stuff. So, if life is bothering you, and you can't stand a fight forum, come to the place where people can solve their problems in a civilized manner and not tear eachother limb from limb for the sake of doing so.

Cronic
04-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
I know there are a few people who will not even click on a site that has a prospect of someone posting illicit stuff

Meh... I'll stick with Fight Club (http://www.vg-universe.com/cgi-bin/IkonBoard/fightingfourm/ikonboard.cgi) Myself, but I'm sure there are some of you who are into this... "Solving a problem" thing so it's probly best this way.

But KTC is a bit namby pamby if ya ask me. It's almost like rent-a-mods have their own forum of sorts.

DarkDragoonX
04-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
there is no need for obscene words

I'd just like to point out in advance that that phrase right there has pretty muched forced the bastardly side of my brain to make the following sardonic statement:

"Why the fucking hell NOT?"

Okay, now that I've got THAT out of the way, I know that this post is primarily aimed at me and my "Vs" topics. What you don't seem to have grasped yet is that those topics aren't really rants, per se. I'm not looking to debate anything. It's just humor. It's there so people can read it, have a chuckle, and move on. So stop trying to convice me to move those topics to KTC. I won't. You see, the interesting thing about this forum is that it's called GENERAL Discussion. As in, you can GENERALLY discuss anything in GENERAL. Out of FOUR "Vs" topics, not a single GD mod has complained that they are misplaced, because they aren't. My topics are GENERAL humor, and so I post them in GENERAL Discussion, where more people can see and read it, have their day's laugh. Nothing short of a vast nuclear armament pointed directly at my house will convince me to stop posting in GD, and I highly doubt you are in posession of nuclear technology. Therefore, stop nagging me to move my topics to KTC, because it's not gonna happen.

Jigglysaint
04-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX

I'd just like to point out in advance that that phrase right there has pretty muched forced the bastardly side of my brain to make the following sardonic statement:

"Why the fucking hell NOT?"

Okay, now that I've got THAT out of the way, I know that this post is primarily aimed at me and my "Vs" topics. What you don't seem to have grasped yet is that those topics aren't really rants, per se. I'm not looking to debate anything. It's just humor. It's there so people can read it, have a chuckle, and move on. So stop trying to convice me to move those topics to KTC. I won't. You see, the interesting thing about this forum is that it's called GENERAL Discussion. As in, you can GENERALLY discuss anything in GENERAL. Out of FOUR "Vs" topics, not a single GD mod has complained that they are misplaced, because they aren't. My topics are GENERAL humor, and so I post them in GENERAL Discussion, where more people can see and read it, have their day's laugh. Nothing short of a vast nuclear armament pointed directly at my house will convince me to stop posting in GD, and I highly doubt you are in posession of nuclear technology. Therefore, stop nagging me to move my topics to KTC, because it's not gonna happen.

I never mentioned your "V.S" topics. I'm advertising in case other people want a place to say things, but don't want to join the Fight Club. Sort of a goodi-goodie GB, now I'm sure there is enough members here who don't need to resort to swear words to say what's on their mind.

Man, I'm only trying to divert attention away from all the bad April Fools jokes going arround! Finally a link not full of some demented prank, like Bill Gates defecting to Nintendo, or gamefaqs going solo on the X-Buks.

DarkDragoonX
04-01-2002, 11:48 PM
Oh. Sorry. In half of my "Vs" topics you have asked me to post in the KTC instead, so I figured this was on the same lines.

Jigglysaint
04-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
Oh. Sorry. In half of my "Vs" topics you have asked me to post in the KTC instead, so I figured this was on the same lines.

Sorry, as usual, I fail to get people's sarcastic jokes. My specialty is puns, not things like that. I get worked up over the dunmbest things. Still, I just can't believe that you were raised a Mormon(off topic, don't have to answer that).

DarkDragoonX
04-02-2002, 12:08 AM
Yeah, lots of people say that. The thing is, a lopt of the things I say I don't really mean, and a lot of the opinions I express aren't really mine. Whenever I think of, or see, something funny, I have to take it to the extreme, regardless of how I actually feel about it myself. Sure, I may find it a bit offensive, but I figure humor is humor, and if you can't laugh at yourself, what right do you have to laugh at anything? This is why I should never, ever go to the Brox. The first guy I came across, I would say something like "Yo! Wassup, my nigga?" And my body wouldn't be found for three years.