PDA

View Full Version : something I need to say

MrCow
04-01-2002, 10:26 PM
I've had it. It pisses me off. everyone just looks over anything I post like I'm not even there. You are all probally going to say this is a gay newbie topic, but you know what I've been here for about a year.
I've made a few topics about this before but its really bothering me now. I've noticed all of you do the same thing to plith, yet other members that haven't even contributed to agn as much get more noticed then both of us combined. Maybe I'm too self-concious or maybe people need to actually realize that we actually get mad, aggraviated and even upset at times about this.

So I ask of you to actually take to recognize more members then to just say screw then and go post with some possee or whatever.

I realize people are gonna say oh mr.cow.. must be gay and all that crap. I'm not, there's only so much someone can take of being neglected and unnotticed.

Dragon Omega
04-01-2002, 10:31 PM
I never try to do that. I keep a mental note of every member as I post so I know who NOT to mess with. I don't find this gay at all...the thread I mean. ANd it's not my place to say that you're gay, either. :mischief:

MrCow
04-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Don't get me wrong some members are very good to notice everyone, but a lot of members are not. A lot of members go without a response to anything they reply.

oh and dont say oh well you just switch names blah blah blah because I had this name a long time back and glenn just fixed it for me. i was one-legged angel for the majority and only about 3 topics i made actually got 13 replies.

LordMagus
04-01-2002, 10:37 PM
The same thing happens to me. I've lost count of how many topics I've killed in the past. You're not alone Mr.Cow.. .

Hell, I was actually thinking of making a topic just like this. Possibly a "leaving" topic.

plith
04-01-2002, 10:37 PM
*scratches himself*

The funniest part is in ZC. With some members (Cloral, Raichu86, Nick[whatevernumber], etc.), I almost never reply directly to their topics/posts. And they don't reply to mine. And then there's the fact that my stupidest topics often get the most replies. Says something to me.

MrCow
04-01-2002, 10:40 PM
Exactly lord magus I don't know how many topics that I've made a reply to and it will die. It pisses me off.

Dragon Omega
04-01-2002, 10:43 PM
Don't worry, Mr. Cow. Everyone at one point has been a "topic killer." Some more often than others. I've noticed this has happened to me quite frequently...:mischief:

MrCow
04-01-2002, 10:45 PM
my point is members shouldnt be overlooked I mean if I waas a newbie I could see but for christ sake newbies get more replies then me. It's not right and I just can't stand it anymore

Elemental Knight
04-01-2002, 10:46 PM
I've killed many topics in my time... Don't leave, dude.

Zeo
04-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Don't worry about it, your talking to a "Black Thumb" here.........

A LOT of my topics never get past 5 or 6 treplies...........most of my stuffis in reply, and if you'll scroll through the threads. my name will be the final reply to many a thread.

Of Course that may have to do with my trying to revive good topics taht are about ready to slide of the first page policy...........................

Brasel
04-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Don't worry, most people ignore me too, and look at me...I'm still here and about ready to leave again...wait.

Chris Miller
04-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Know what ya mean.
I've had quite a few topics that just got buried by junk. They were intelligent enough, but there was so much other stuff, people didn't even care to paw through it.
It's one of those things we all experience from time to time.:eyebrow:

inori
04-01-2002, 11:06 PM
Dude, you can't take this place so personally. I don't really care who posts a topic; I reply if I have something I want to say. I don't go around thinking "Oh, it's so-and-so's post; I'm going to not reply to it just to tick him off." Some topics are just born to grow more than others. And it's not really predictable ... it all depends on a lot of factors, including the collective mood of the board, the time you post, and blind luck. Some of the topics I've posted that I thought were totally uninteresting have exploded, and some of my favorite topics wither away and die with practically no replies.

If a topic dies, it's not because other AGN members don't like the topic starter - it's because we can't think of anything non-spam to say. There are nearly 500 members here with 50 or more posts... while I do know some of the more active personalities, I don't have the brainpower or desire to keep a blacklist.

Cronic
04-01-2002, 11:06 PM
I have more 0 reply topics than anyone here I belive.

Mander
04-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Why do people worry so much about being taken notice of. I float around under the radar, say what I want to say, get highly amused at times from some of the posts and I have fun.
Stop stressing and just enjoy the experience.

Jemsee
04-02-2002, 12:39 PM
I'v felt this way too.
Try to post fun and interesting things and they slide off w/out much notices.
But too I don't post in everybodies threads, because somestimes it seems like a two way conversation and they are talking about somthing I have no interest in or does not pertain to me.
Shure I could post just to be annoing and goofy, which I have done, but don't want to be a pest eather.
It is hard to keep track of stuff too.
"Where in the World?" is as good as dead, and another I liked was "Who wants to be a Genius?" is gone.
Oh well, not going to leave just because of that.

Smoke2001
04-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Don't worry you're not alone out there. Just remember that there are literlly 1000000's of people who are not thought of at all..............like in the third world countries.