PDA

View Full Version : SoM Solar spell proof (screenshots)

SomUnknown
04-01-2002, 09:45 PM
I found the supposedly disproved Solar magic...

It has some awsome spells but takes alot of MP

Girl:
Solar Heal (rapidly heals for certine period of time)
Star Saber (Knocks enemies out when hit)
Light Speed (No time in between sword swings)

Sprite:
Solar Flare (fills the screen with yellowish fire)
Metiorite (hits one enemy with metior for high damage)
Solar Wind (blows away enemys except bosses)

I've gotten to level 4 I'm leveling up in the screenshot, then I thought I should show people this discovery.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www25.brinkster.com/starkistunknown/files/IMAGE62.gif

So this is to the people who said it was fake.......

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Warlock
04-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Solar is fake.. it is very easy to manipulate screenshots.. how about some shots of the actual spells???? hmm??

Skatche
04-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Better yet - save states?

Flash Man
04-01-2002, 10:34 PM
That is pretty fake. I've gotten everything in SoM. Including the Mana Sword, without casting the dryad magic. And that screenshot is only one, not many. Doesn't show much either. I was going to make a fake thing like that, but i'm too hungry.

Elemental Knight
04-01-2002, 10:40 PM
The magic you'repurporting to exist, supposidly exists tin the slot that's left empty for both the Girl and the Sprite, right? Well, that spot's there because only the Sprite gets Dark magic, and only the girl gets Light magic. It's just another rumor.

vegeta1215
04-02-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Flash Man
That is pretty fake. I've gotten everything in SoM. Including the Mana Sword, without casting the dryad magic. And that screenshot is only one, not many. Doesn't show much either. I was going to make a fake thing like that, but i'm too hungry.

You can get the Mana Sword other than just the in final battle?

As for the Solar magic or whatever, if Sprite could get it, I would've seen it by now: I have all the Sprite's magic up to 8.99. The Girl's on the other hand isn't so hot, but still!

Warlock
04-02-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

You can get the Mana Sword other than just the in final battle?

As for the Solar magic or whatever, if Sprite could get it, I would've seen it by now: I have all the Sprite's magic up to 8.99. The Girl's on the other hand isn't so hot, but still!

Yes, there is a glitch where you can make your characters re-fight Mantis Ant and get another sword orb (thus getting the Mana Sword). For some reason the Mana Sword was never put in the game as an actual weapon (the end sword isn't really the mana sword per say, you are just casting mana magic on the other sword)

I used to have everything at 8.99 (girl and sprite) but then I messed up my save game and now it's corrupted.. :( Oh well.. that was my best game tho.. level 99 characters, 8.99 on all the magic (actually, I think there were a couple that went over that, like 9.03 or something, don't remember for sure).. I had the Level 9 Javelin which I have no idea how I got. I swear the game is really wierd when it comes to level 8/9 orbs.. most of them you have to get in the Mana Palace and a couple you can't. Have never been able to track down the last Axe orb. It is one orb behind everything else.. I dunno..

vegeta1215
04-02-2002, 01:38 AM
Yeah, the Mana Palace Orbs are confusing. Way back I asked for help on GamePro's site and someone emailed me a complete list of the orbs and locations which let you get level 9 for everything (except the sword of course). I started playing through and checking it off, and so far it's been right.

For me, I had level 9 of everything (except the sword of course) and level 7 for the Axe and Claws! I was missing two for those! Damn!

What the sheet said was that you get 2 Axe and 2 Claw orbs in the Fortress!I have to play through to test this. I do have all the best equipment though! (Fairie cloaks, Power Suits, Fairie Rings...) I even wrote down who gives you what! I got it at home though.

SomUnknown
04-02-2002, 01:56 AM
You get the 8th and 9th axe orb from fiend heads in the mana fortress.

and it was an april fools day joke about solar, no one fell for it:laughing:

my orignal was ugly, I hand drew the solar guy it looked like a sun with a face.

Mak-X
04-02-2002, 02:49 AM
I never used the glitch trick to rack up on orbs.

All I remember is fighting around in the Mana Fortress and some of the final locations of the game and getting a 9th orb for a weapon like the spear. It seemed totally random and almost glitchy, but I was surprised when I got lvl 9 weapons.

I bought Secret of Mana used about a year ago and played it again all the way up to the Volcano but just stopped. I had played the game so many times before. This was the game, greater than Zelda 3 in some ways that I would rent all of the time. What made me stop is I had played it so many times, and I was trying to level everything up evenly as I played, which made the game really boring having to switch to the menus to check the stats and switch weapons. It's more fun to just play the game.

Warlock
04-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Yeah, that "two orbs from one enemy" thing was BS. I have never gotten a second orb from Fiend Heads.. and I found a LOT of them! (I litterally went from like level 70 to level 99 JUST fighting in the mana palace over and over). I don't remember if I found the Claw orb or not, but I think that was actually two different enemies and I did find both.

Insidentally, I swear to god I got the level. 9 Javelin outside of the Mana Palace! I think it was in that snow cystal forest place, the one with Santa Claus... I don't remember for sure anymore tho... wierd as hell tho. That's where I would go to level up my spells (hehe, it's fun to fry little Howlers :D)

Jigglysaint
04-02-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
Yeah, that "two orbs from one enemy" thing was BS. I have never gotten a second orb from Fiend Heads.. and I found a LOT of them! (I litterally went from like level 70 to level 99 JUST fighting in the mana palace over and over). I don't remember if I found the Claw orb or not, but I think that was actually two different enemies and I did find both.

Insidentally, I swear to god I got the level. 9 Javelin outside of the Mana Palace! I think it was in that snow cystal forest place, the one with Santa Claus... I don't remember for sure anymore tho... wierd as hell tho. That's where I would go to level up my spells (hehe, it's fun to fry little Howlers :D)

I've gotten the Doom Axe before. It's hard, but the best thing to do is just beat up on the same enemies again and again. It takes forever and a day to get all the orbs, but I did it(and on the SNES too) so I know it exists. Besides, if there wasn't a 9(actually 8th)orb, how would I know the name of the Weapon?

First time I got the Spear's Orb in the Manna Palace, I thought it was a glitch too, but then I found out that other enemies drop orbs as well. The crabs drop the bow's orb, fiend head(supposedly the Kimono Birds are supposed to drop an orbs too, but never got one from them), two from the wolf lord(whatever they are called), those knights, the ninjas, the Tsunamis, the eyes, thats it. Takes hard work, but find a spot and kill, kill, KILL!

As for the Solar Magic, if you ever need to check out wether somthing is true or not, look in the rom.

vegeta1215
04-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I think it is possible to get 2 orbs from Mana Fortress guys, but only 2 Axes and 2 Claws, nothing else. When I get home in a few weeks, I'll have to copy the list I got, so maybe one you guys can finish the game while checking off the list.

Mak-X - once you get to the Holy Land (round the volcano looking island) it gets really hard. You have to build alot just to stay alive there. But don't get discouraged, the best is yet to come.

Mak-X
04-02-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Mak-X - once you get to the Holy Land (round the volcano looking island) it gets really hard. You have to build alot just to stay alive there. But don't get discouraged, the best is yet to come.

Oh, no you misunderstood :) I've played through Secret of Mana sooo many times, nothing is new to me. The last time I rented the game I got to the Mana Fortress, so when I finally got the game for my Birthday, I had already played most of the game. I've beaten the game many times, and I even helped a friend beat it. I played one of the other characters and told him what he had to do. The Mana Beast isn't that hard if you cast that Light barrier spell. The reason I quit playing is because I was just tired of it. I wasn't having any fun leveling up everything, and I had played the entire game before. It's nothing new to me.
They game isn't really hard anymore because I know how to do everything. The Witch part of the game used to be so hard, especially when you fight her Tiger without Magic to heal. Now I can do that easily. The Gold tower with all the boss fights was easy. One of these days I'll have to play the ROM of Sieken Denetsu 3 or buy it online. I've never played Final Fantasy Adventure either, and I should have gotten that instead of FFLegend 3.

I used to spend some time fighting in the Mana Fortress to raise levels in my origninal copy, but that gets old because the enemies become so weak as you gain levels. I'd like to see a rpg where the enemies actually get stronger as your characters gain levels. Not to defeat the purpose of leveling up, but to make the enemies a little more harder when you've leveled past them.

If you get the Level 9 sword with the orb, will that screw the game up? I'm not talking about the Mantis Ant glitch, I mean normally getting orbs.

Elemental Knight
04-02-2002, 02:02 PM
FFA (Seiken Densetsu I) is loads of fun, Mak-X, but it's a little buggy and real hard late in the game. But yeah, try to get that (Square re-released the cartridge soem time ago, you might be able to pick it up at Funcoland or some other Used Game store).

Mak-X
04-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Elemental Knight
FFA (Seiken Densetsu I) is loads of fun, Mak-X, but it's a little buggy and real hard late in the game. But yeah, try to get that (Square re-released the cartridge soem time ago, you might be able to pick it up at Funcoland or some other Used Game store).

Funcoland... :cry: ... don't mention that name! That's where I got FFL 3 and they had FFA, but now they're gone, gone! The only place to get used games is Electronic Boutique's Game World. Only there the games are put into bins and you won't find any rare games there. Even though Sunsoft rereleased the games, they'd still be hard to find.

Warlock
04-02-2002, 04:40 PM
FFA rocks.. it's like a combo of Secret of Mana and Zelda.. hehe.. I mean, it's a little simple (concept/graphically - not to insinuate the game is easy tho, it's average) in some cases but it's a lot of fun.

I suppose you said you don't have a credit card, otherwise I'd say try EBgames.com or something..

vegeta1215
04-02-2002, 05:47 PM
I played FFA on ROM, it's great. It's interesting cause the gameplay is unique, it's even more of a mix of FF and Zelda like style (Secret of Mana, aka SD2 is a huge step in that department). Good game. I'm just mad that I saved the game at Julius (last boss) and can't go back down that huge tower to get the good armors I missed.

Oh ok Mak-X, I see what your saying. You should definitly play SD3 than, it's got way more replay value cause of the 6 different characters, many possible class set ups, and 3 different final dungeons/bosses.

In fact, I beat SD3 once with Hawk, Charlie and Angela, and I am now playing through with Angela, Lise, and Kevin. That black rabite will be mine!