PDA

View Full Version : About Turbo-Graphx 16

zeldafreak
04-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Hello, I am having troubles finding a way to rip music from Turbo-Graphx roms. Does anybody know how to do this?

Note: I am not requesting a rom, just asking if anybody knows how to get the music from a Turbo-Graphx Rom. It has nothing to do with requesting a rom... PEACE

matthew986
04-01-2002, 01:05 PM
OMG Hell has frozen over. You said the "R" word and this thread hasn't been deleted yet. Actually I have no idea. I don't rip my own music I still other peoples work.

vegeta1215
04-01-2002, 01:38 PM
No, don't worry, he's fine.

You can try http://www.vgmusic.com They have a little Turbo Grafix section. Also search for the specific game you want at Google or something, there's bound to be someone out there with midis of music from the game you're looking for.

zeldafreak
04-01-2002, 01:42 PM
Thanks Vegeta, and I would still like to know if anybody knows how to rip music from roms. I did use Vegeta's idea and it helped, but I still need to know if anybody knows how to rip music from Turbo-Graphx 16 roms. Thanks again Vegeta!

:) ZeldaFreak

MottZilla
04-01-2002, 05:45 PM
There is currently no exported music format for TG16 roms. If they did, it would be similar to the NES NSF format.

Ruler26
04-01-2002, 08:48 PM
Actually, TG16 does have an export format. It's called .HES format, and it's almost identical to that of the NSF format. It isn't fully matured (supposedly), such that it is not available on Zophar's main page or anything. Go to this sitehttp://nesmusic.zophar.net/top.html

This site only provides the files that will extract the music from the game. So in other words, you'll need to have the appropriate rom. If they don't have the game extraction files, then I have no other idea how to extract the music. Actually extracting the music using the files they provide is sort of complex (at least, it was for me), and their "How to" instructions are in Japanese. If you can't figure out, then PM me and I'll provide with a (poor, but decent) translation of the instructions. I'll also point you to a good Winamp plug in for .HES files, and I'll tell you what game music I have, in case you'd rather get the finished file.

It took me a long time to find out about this format (I was lucky, really), and I finally got my Bonk's Adventure and Neutopia music in small, compact files :)

BTW, .HES is not the only format...there is also .PCE, which is oddly the same extention as the roms. The two are basically the same, though.

zeldafreak
04-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Ok, I still cant rip because my dos just shuts off when I double click it. It brings the window and and off again. Now, I sent Ruler an email and a PM for info on what I need, ect. If anybody else knows how to rip music from turbo-graphx roms, please post it... Thank you so much!

ZeldaFreak

MottZilla
04-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Ruler26, I didn't know there was a format yet. Thanks for letting me know.

zeldafreak
04-03-2002, 09:32 PM
If anybody has any luck with this, please PM me. I would love to get some advise on how to rip the music and/or play the playlist of existing music from Turbo-Graphx 16 roms. That site, which was supplied by Ruler (above messages), is very helpful. I just need help with it. Please PM me if you have any luck translating or figuring it out please.

Thanks Again,

ZeldaFreak