PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid X

Dragon
04-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Attention all Xbox lovers (thats right, I'm talking about all three of us), I am about to make your day. Many have toted Metal Gear Solid 2 to be one of the best games out there for PS2... well, according to the April issue of GameNow (and it better not be an April Fools joke), the Xbox version of MGS2 (MGSX) is on the way. They even have pictures of the game.

Basically you play the game through the first time just like you did the PS2 version, but after that you have the choice of playing the entire game as Snake. Being Snake includes fighting new bosses, exploring new areas of the rig, and getting a new perspective in the battles where both characters were present at the same time.

matthew986
04-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Sweet I thought it was canceled. Any chance theres a GC version on the way? I knew there used to bee a rumor and Issue 149 of EGM even said it was official.

The Silent Assassin
04-01-2002, 02:28 PM
And Ozzy Osbourne was ordained as a priest in a Catholic Church today...:lol:

Cronic
04-01-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
And Ozzy Osbourne was ordained as a priest in a Catholic Church today...:lol:

I agree... playing Raiden made me look like a fag to friends and loved ones... please don't toy with my fragile emotuions :(

Dragon
04-02-2002, 12:40 PM
This is on the level as long as that issue didn't supply an April Fools joke. GameNow should be at any division of Barnes and Noble or Gamestop. It had pictures in the April issue, one including an Ocelot battle, so it might have been too hard to fake... so maybe it is on the level. I sure hope so.

The Silent Assassin
04-02-2002, 02:42 PM
And no other web site has info on it...

DarkPanther
04-02-2002, 09:30 PM
They had pictures for it long ago when it was actually going to happen. Could be the same ones.

Daarkseid
04-02-2002, 09:54 PM
I kinda thought Hideo Kojima's idea for immortalizing Snake by making him a non-playable character was genius. He made people appreciate Snake even more, especially when you were forced to play Raiden. I'd kind of hate to see this plan undermined by an X-box release that allows you to play as Snake through the whole game... though if such a feature did make it into the X-box exclusively, I'd have my reason right there to buy an X-box.

The Silent Assassin
04-02-2002, 10:11 PM
Immortalize without playing...maybe. But it pissed me off. Fuck, I wanted to play as Snake. GIVE ME SNAKE DAMN IT!

Daarkseid
04-02-2002, 11:03 PM
Immortalize without playing...maybe. But it pissed me off. Fuck, I wanted to play as Snake. GIVE ME SNAKE DAMN IT!

I mean, you appreciate Snake even more when you're stuck with a whiney faggoty character like Raiden, right? It leaves you wanting to play Snake even more, right?

The Silent Assassin
04-03-2002, 12:19 AM
Or I could kill Raiden over and over...

Daarkseid
04-03-2002, 12:28 AM
Or I could kill Raiden over and over...

Hah hah, this reminded me of an Onion article I read a short time ago: http://www.theonion.com/onion3726/video_game_character.html

You may have seen it, but your comment reminded me of this hilarious article.

VEL
04-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Dragon
Attention all Xbox lovers (thats right, I'm talking about all three of us), I am about to make your day. Many have toted Metal Gear Solid 2 to be one of the best games out there for PS2... well, according to the April issue of GameNow (and it better not be an April Fools joke), the Xbox version of MGS2 (MGSX) is on the way. They even have pictures of the game.

I have the May issue of GAMENOW and it says it is an April Fools joke.

The Silent Assassin
04-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Yeah...pretty obvious.

Syntax Error
04-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I kinda thought Hideo Kojima's idea for immortalizing Snake by making him a non-playable character was genius. He made people appreciate Snake even more, especially when you were forced to play Raiden. I'd kind of hate to see this plan undermined by an X-box release that allows you to play as Snake through the whole game... though if such a feature did make it into the X-box exclusively, I'd have my reason right there to buy an X-box.

You just summed it up perfectly; this is the EXACT reason why I hope MGS2 is never ported to X-Box and some additional feature (like playing through the whole game as Snake) isn't implemented. It would just all go against what Kojima wanted: A game that still included Snake as the main character, yet from the narrative of another person, through third person. I still hated Raiden, and I wanted Rose to shoot herself, but I think it all worked out in the end that way.

You have to give Kojima SOME credit though. I mean, usually you hear about all the major events in games before you even play them; like aeris dieing in FF7, for example. With MGS2 though, you really didn't know about Raiden, or that you played as him for the remainder of the game, until you found out for yourself. It just made the game so much cooler that way. ^^

As for MGS2 ever coming to X-Box..

Kojima (to Micro$oft): FUCK YOU~!!!!!!@!@#

mrz84
04-10-2002, 09:48 PM
another april fools joke taken too seriously. its sad. yet funny at the same time. :lol: :lol: :kawaii: :lol: :lol: