PDA

View Full Version : New Phantasy Star Online GCN info

Mak-X
03-30-2002, 06:01 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2002/033002b.html

"Now titled Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2, the game will officially debut, together with the GameCube's modem, some time later in the year. There will however be a trial period that is set to start in Japan as soon as May. When the game launches in Japan, gamers will be able to pick up several packages that include the game and various combinations of the modem, PSO keyboard/controller and the system. It's unknown whether these same packages will be offered in North America."

mrz84
03-30-2002, 09:40 PM
well thats nice to know. at least we know itll be ready soon. :kawaii:

Overlord
03-31-2002, 09:25 AM
I'm eager to try this out. As PS was and still is my favorite RPG series. We didn't get the DC version over here because Telstra has a monopoly on the internet and phone lines, and for some reason, they demanded that you must have your internet account with them if you bought a Dreamcast, strangely enough, their network did not connect with the Sega online network. So the game was not imported.

I'm largely hoping they do not try the same with GCN, and that you can use your own ISP and connect to Nintendo's web. (Which was the way with DC everywhere else in the world.)

Dragon Omega
03-31-2002, 10:52 AM
THEY BETTER NOT DO THAT OR I'M GONNA HAVE TO KICK SOME ASS, DRACON STYLE!!!!:mischief: