PDA

View Full Version : I'm back (creditd to Glenn)

*b*
03-30-2002, 05:32 PM
I couldn't post for a while, but glenn helped me out. now, to why I posted here, does anybody know about a game called Custom Robo 2? I saw what'shisname as a trophy in SSBM and wanted info on it, but all I got in the searches was forigen text... does anybody know anything on this game?

Mak-X
03-30-2002, 05:36 PM
There were 2 Custom Robo games for N64 in Japan. Try searching eBay if your interested in buying it.

Electronic Gaming Monthly did a few previews on the games. I think the basic premise is you have a robot that battle in arenas like Virtua-On and you can upgrade your robot with parts, hence 'custom'.

Two other games you might have noticed were trophies from Animal Forest and Doshin the Giant. Animal Forest was a N64 game and Doshin was a 64DD for the ill-fated addon. Both games have versions coming for Gamecube, with Animal Forest + currently being localized for U.S. release. NOA is evaluating Doshin, a game where you control a giant god like being and have to help the villagers of a island. You can be a good god, or a evil god. I hope they bring this here.

Another game is Animal Leader where you control a cube like animal that grows after killing other cube animals and absorbs their energy and characteristics. I hope Nintendo brings this to the U.S. too. This game was original made for the N64. There's one trophy of this in SSBM near the Animal Forest, Doshin, and Custom Robo trophies.

There are previews of Doshin and Animal Leader at www.videogames.com and www.igncube.com has been doing a series of Animal Forest articles. I don't know where you can find Custom Robo info except by looking at gaming sites.