PDA

View Full Version : Wizard's Rock

JayeM
03-30-2002, 01:49 PM
'Zedd! That's your cloud rock.'
'Actually my boy, it's a Wizard's Rock. My father gave it to me, long ago.'

The wizard's finger stirred faster and faster until light came forth, sparkles and colours, swirling around. He continued to stir mixing and blending the light. There was no sound, only the pleasant smell of a spring rain. at last the wizard seemed satisfied.

'Step up onto the rock, my boy.'

Unsure at first, Richard stepped into the light. It tingled and felt warm against his skin, as if he were lying in a hot summer sun without clothes, after a swim. He let himself bask in the warm, safe feeling, gave himself over to it. his hands floated outward from his sides until they where horizontal. He tilted his head back, took deep breaths, and closed his eyes. It felt wondrous, like floating in water, only he was floating in light. Exhilaration soaked through him. His mind felt a buoyant timeless connection to everything around him. He was one with the trees, the grass, the bugs, the birds, the animals all around, the water, the very air itself; not a separate being, but part of a whole. He understood the interconnection of everything in a new way, saw himself as inconsequential and empowered at the same time. He saw the world through the eyes of all the creatures around him. It was a shocking, marvelous insight. He let himself sour into a bird that flew overhead, saw the world through its eyes, hunted with it, hungry and needful, for mice, watched the campfire below, the people sleeping.
Richard let his identity scatter to the winds. He became no one and everyone, felt the heat of there needs, smelled their fear, tasted their joy, understood their desires, and then let it melt away into nothingness, until there was a void where he stood alone in the universe, the only living thing, the only thing existing at all. Then he let the light flood through him, light that brought forth the others that had used this very rock: Zed, Zed's father, and all the wizard's before that, for untold years, thousands of years, one and all. their essence flowed through him, shared themselves with him as tears streamed down his cheeks at the wonder of it all. - Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

bigjoe
03-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Pretty cool .

Arcayn
03-30-2002, 04:34 PM
I prefer Robert Jordan, myself.