PDA

View Full Version : Advice...Good or Bad???

Drunken Tiger
03-29-2002, 05:35 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/22/images/boxshot/11139_144.jpg

Is this a good mouse or a crap mouse?!?!

If its crap could you recommend another mouse??

Hermit
03-29-2002, 05:53 AM
I love my intellimouse. No more cleaning gunk, mouse twitches, blah blah blah. Best mouse I ever bought, and probably the last mouse I'll ever need to buy :) Go get it!

Drunken Tiger
03-29-2002, 05:57 AM
ya reckon?!?!

I just have one thing that bugs me...what happens if the bulb inside the mouse breaks?? is it replaceable??:confuse2:

And how much is it in America??

Dragon Omega
03-29-2002, 05:57 AM
Well, I wouldn't recomend the mouse I'm using right now...so I would say that that is decent mouse.:mischief:

Hermit
03-29-2002, 06:45 AM
Break the bulb inside ? Well.... unless you plan on bashing people over the head with it like a whip, the bulb should last for years.

I got mine for $49 (right after it came out), but I'm sure by now that's gone down a bit, so I'd say between $35-$45 US depending on where ya purchase it at. In my opinion it's worth every penny I paid for it.

No moving parts, no cleaning, no stupid rollerball ball in the bottom that picks up dust, it also came with software included that was basically set up like the regular Windows generic mouse software, but has alot more features.

If you do get an IntelliPoint Optical mouse though, get the one with the scrollwheel in the middle like the one in the picture, it's a hell of alot easier than using those cheesey side scrollbars on web page windows.

I'm sure you'd find more information about replacing the bulb and such at the Microsoft site than I could tell you at the moment. I've never looked into anything like that, and I honestly don't think I'll ever have to either :blah:

AtmaWeapon
03-29-2002, 09:43 AM
Well, my guess is that the bulb is an LED, but there are warnings about the mouse being a laser device in the manual. So, for the bulb to "burn out", you'd really have to hack your computer open, resolder some connections, and make the USB port receive more current. I have an intellimouse explorer. It has 5 buttons. I recommend any of the optical mice.

Drunken Tiger
03-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Now here comes the tough part:

Is anyone willing to buy this mouse for me in America and i will send them the money. I say this because that mouse is at the cheapest $80 AUD... It should be cheaper in the states!!

Arcayn
03-30-2002, 07:37 AM
Even if you could find it any cheaper in the USA, there's still shipping costs to add.. I don't think it will be any cheaper, at least not in total.

Drunken Tiger
03-30-2002, 07:41 AM
oh yeah:( i didnt think of that...:9

Looks like ill have to buy it here...

Hermit
03-30-2002, 09:45 AM
Yeah the Aussie to US money ratio as pretty close to 2:1, so you'd be spending your $80 aussie money anyway.

cyberkitten
03-30-2002, 10:32 AM
i got zaph that one for his birthday (i think) because i had one similar to it that i absolutely love. mine curves to the right and both buttons are under my thumb. the wire's screwed up on it though, but it's got a five year warranty so it's going back to micro$loth. and damn are their warranty support people slow!

Masamune
03-30-2002, 10:38 AM
that mouse kicks! i have the exact same one except for those buttons on the sides. i reckon you could save atleest 10 bucks or so if you get it withougt those buttons.

KJAZZ
03-30-2002, 06:44 PM
I've got the IntelliMouse, the one with 5 buttons. It's really cool, and doesn't freak out like our old one.

slayer6896
03-30-2002, 06:53 PM
the light in it is led so it wont break and wont burn out. and its an awesome mouse

Dechipher
03-30-2002, 07:20 PM
No. I have a wireless mouse by logitech. It's good. Why get that? this one cant be worse. And its cheaper.

goKi
03-30-2002, 07:44 PM
i have an intellimouse on each of my computers, and i have never had the bulb break in them or anything, i say get it. i dont know what you will pay for it, because i got it from my brothers work for cheap $50 AUD for the one DT posted earlier.

Dechipher
03-31-2002, 01:24 PM
im telling oyu guys, its a waste of money. Why spend 30 extra dollars, when you can get a great mouse for cheaper?

MrCow
03-31-2002, 02:38 PM
IMO get a wireless optical mouse I love those things. They're hard to find though.