PDA

View Full Version : whistling, warping, and other stuff

Jackie Chad
03-28-2002, 06:53 PM
I have a handful of questions as I build my quest. I'm using BS, by the way.

Warps--
OK, I know the green tile is the continuation warp. Does it have to be just at the beginning of the dungeon or overworld? Or is it the last warp passed is the one you go back to?

What's the difference between the blue warps and the stair case warps?

Whistle stairs--
I can't get whistle secrets to work. I'm sure I'm missing a step, but I've activated every rule and flag I can find and nothing works.

Water in the dungeon--
I want to run a river thru one of my dungeons, but the water tiles do not show up on the right. I know how to insert the tiles into the empty blocks, but that's a long process. Is there an easier way to use overworld tiles?

Tile sets--
I'm trying to redraw a few of my tiles, mainly the end boss (I don't want it to be Gannon), but as an artist I suck. Is there anyone that would take on such a task for me?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance!

Jigglysaint
03-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Jackie Chad

Tile sets--
I'm trying to redraw a few of my tiles, mainly the end boss (I don't want it to be Gannon), but as an artist I suck. Is there anyone that would take on such a task for me?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance!

Oh TSA! Looke here, he spelt Ganon wrong.

Sorry, first of all, his name is spelt G-a-n-o-n.

Second, let's get down to business.

Warps:

The green square is used for continuation, as you said. When you go through an enterence/exit warp, or use any side warp, you start back at that last spot when you use that warp. The blue square is for warps inside a level, like a passage from one screen in a map to another. I usually set both of them to be safe.

The stair square is not for a warp. When you push a stone(with flag 1 or 2 on it), whatever you select to be in the secret combo, stair section, that tile will appear. If you are making a pond or area where you use the whistle to make a staircase, set this to get the stairs to appear when you blow it.

To make the whistle activate a secret combo, use flag 3 and the secret combos. When you step on the flag, and play, the secret is activated.

As for putting water in dungeons, you need to fool arround with the palettes, not that easy in my opinion. Make sure you back up a .zgp so you can start over if you make a mistake(it stores palette, combo, and tile info).

As for tiles, I suck there too, so I can't help you there.

Cloral
03-28-2002, 11:11 PM
If you want it so that Link can play the whistle anywhere on screen and have the stairs appear (like the whistle ponds), select the whistle->stairs flag. Then place the gray staircase icon (next to the green and blue placement icons) where you want to show up. Finally, go to data->secret combos, and make the one next to 'stair' what you want the stairs to look like.

K-Teclis
03-29-2002, 06:40 AM
be careful if you use whistle -> stairs, the cset could change to an ugly cset.... you could use as well flag no.3 and flag no.16 for the stair... Now set flag 16 in the secret combos to the stair.
(How to change secret combos: Look in AlphaDawg's Tutorial)