PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun!

ryucountX
03-28-2002, 05:01 PM
... is the best game ever! If any one here like s it email me! [email protected]

vegeta1215
03-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Umm...sure it is...

Artevoi
03-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Good: Great game, great combat system, GREAT graphics, THE ARENA OWNS!!!

Bad: Not-so-great story, looooong cinemas

Artevoi's virdict: Best handheld RPG ever.

Cloral
03-28-2002, 11:19 PM
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one annoyed by the storyline sequences. I mean, they seem like something I might have written. This isn't a good thing - they're supposed to be professionals! And why does it always take 5 minutes to say what they could have said in about 30 seconds?

But everything else is pretty nice. I just got around to finishing it the other day, and it is kinda annoying that I have to wait like 9 months to finish the second half of the story.

Artevoi
03-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Cloral
But everything else is pretty nice. I just got around to finishing it the other day, and it is kinda annoying that I have to wait like 9 months to finish the second half of the story.

Isn't that a spoiler?

-=SPOILER=-

ryucountX
03-29-2002, 03:28 PM
the sequences DO take ages... Also the enemy satuos is too nice to you, or am I just some sad n00b...

Skatche
03-29-2002, 03:47 PM
By the time I left the starting town, I was just watching a movie... I stopped even hoping for interactivity. Nevertheless, the battles are very good... they look good, leave plenty of room for strategy (like FF1, they don't have auto-target), and are nicely fast-paced. I haven't beat the game yet, mind you, or even got very far.

Swordsman Dekar
04-03-2002, 10:12 PM
My thoughts: Many people may dissagree with me but i think it was WAAAY to short, kinda like this post.

BTW didnt it take the battle system from Lufia (mabe Lufia 2) (SNES)?

Cloral
04-04-2002, 04:08 AM
Many games have very similar battle engines. Besides, it is actually different from both Lufias. Lufia 1 didn't have a strict round system, and Lufia 2 would redirect your attack if you targeted a dead enemy.

Arcayn
04-04-2002, 05:47 AM
Lufia II's battle system is exactly like the FF I WonderSwan remake. I.e. you select all the attacks for a round, then everyone hits based on speed. Attacks at dead monsters are redirected.

Lufia I has a system more like the later FF's, although the timer for your characters isn't visible.

Golden Sun's battles resemble Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) games. There's a window displaying battle results underneath, and you give all characters orders at the beginning of the turn. Different is that your characters are actually visible in battle.

The dialogue/story is a bit corny at times, but at least there's more to it than in Zelda games..

vegeta1215
04-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Dragon Warrior? Nah, it resembles the RPG Camelot made for Genesis (Shining Force)?

I'm not sure on the name, but I've seen pictures and the battles scenes look almost identical (cept of course for the huge grfx leap in GBA)

Ultra22Lemming
04-06-2002, 12:13 PM
I have the game. I'm at Altimiller Cave. I haven't played it in a long time because I gave up video games for lent

NerdWarrior
04-07-2002, 06:03 PM
It 0wnz!!!!!
Mia is like, sooooo hot!!