PDA

View Full Version : Magical Sword = Master Sword?

Mak-X
03-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Checking out a Trophy FAQ for SSBM I came upon this:

The Master Sword actually first appeared in the Legend of Zelda for
NES. Most will say the third sword is not the Master Sword, it's the
Magic Sword. If you were lucky enough to get one of the original
copies (the first 200 copies that came out with the system) then when
you talk to the guy who says something about it, he calls it the
Magic Sword in the first world and the Master Sword in the second
world, and it is slightly stronger in the second world. So, if you
want to get really technical, that was the first appearence, even
though the game doesn't fit into the storyline, but it was the first
one released.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/32502.html
"Trophy Guide"

Warlock
03-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Wierd.. There were only 200 copies initially though? That seems strange that they would release so few. I mean, obviously games weren't as popular then, but still, that is small.

The Silent Assassin
03-28-2002, 05:48 PM
From Nintendo's Zelda.com Hall of Knowledge:

"Magic Sword - See "Master Sword."

"Master Sword - Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4, Z5, Z7, Z8
Hyrule's most legendary blade is the Master Sword. Forged centuries before becoming Link's most well-loved weapon, the Master Sword consists of more than just steel. It possesses a magical power which is aligned toward the forces of valor and kindness. The Master Sword will not allow itself to be held by just anyone. Only a pure soul filled with the forces of good may lay hands on the Master Sword."

Mak-X
03-28-2002, 06:46 PM
That makes a lot of sense. I've thought about that before but there was never any proof. I guess it also makes sense with the Oracle games

Zelda - Oracle
Wooden Sword - Wooden Sword
White Sword - Noble Sword
Magical Sword - Master Sword

That also means Link's sword in The Adventure of Link is the Master Sword...though it only says 'a magical sword' but you can guess that its the same sword from Zelda 1. (which I see is true from TSA's quote now) That's one plot hole fill that makes sense.

Anyone tried this in their copy of Zelda? Where's the message about the Master Sword in the 2nd quest?

vegeta1215
03-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Sure someone just didn't read too fast and get the whole "Master using it and you can have this" mixed up somehow? I know that's happened to me before.

The Silent Assassin
03-28-2002, 07:08 PM
You can always open ZQuest and check out the 2nd quest strings.

Mak-X
03-28-2002, 07:23 PM
I checked the 2nd quest in ZQuest and there wasn't any messages that said "Magical Sword" or "Master Sword", just "Master using it..." and "Meet the old man at the grave"...
Unless there's a missing clue...they must have messed it up with "Master using it..."

Warlock
03-28-2002, 08:05 PM
It's possible, but if only the first 200 copies had the string, maybe it was taken out of the future versions completely.