PDA

View Full Version : "Exciting headlines! Bloodhounds trail a rape suspect! Tonight at 10"

Cronic
03-28-2002, 12:00 AM
Gah, is it any wonder I hate California? for those of you not stuck here... just know it's almost every bit as horrible as movies make it out to be...

Interestingly enough... I don't like it here. Go figure :shrug:

Oh how I envy those of you from say... Holland... yes Holland sounds good.

MottZilla
03-28-2002, 03:19 AM
Then move... I wouldn't want to be in CA. Too many people.

inori
03-28-2002, 05:02 AM
Where in California was this? I didn't see it...

But then I don't even watch TV much, except for Cartoon Network and ESPN. And somehow I'm guessing that's not where this came from.

I do have to agree with the both of you; I wouldn't mind being somewhere besides California. Too many nutcases for me. Not sure where I would want to be, though...

The Silent Assassin
03-28-2002, 06:29 AM
Texas isn't bad, but we get labeled as assholes. I'd like to move to Oregon, in the forests, when I am older. Maybe Washington. I never want to live on the East Coast, and I do not want to live in the midwest. California seems to crowded and expensive.

Arcayn
03-28-2002, 09:53 AM
Holland is great. One word of warning: taxes are fairly high in comparison to the US, because of our extensive social security. And the weather isn't always that great... I'd wish for a bit more sun and a bit less rain... but I'm perfectly happy here otherwise.

Cronic
03-28-2002, 10:38 AM
Taxes.. weather... one question... Can ya smoke pot there?

That's the only thing I like about CAli... You can have up to (just under) 3 qaurters of an ounce on you and the law states that it's a ticketable offense.

Not jail... a ticket and well I guess that fine is a fare price to pat for relative freedom :rolleyes:

obi
03-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Ah, yes, the peasures of living in town which no has heard of, no big haps, just peace and quiet...
GET ME OUT OF HERE!
Hey DC, I'll happily swap places with you...

SiliconHero
03-28-2002, 02:20 PM
I live in Pennsylvania...in my town, I get a whole bunch of crackpot mayors. My town's current mayor was accused of bilking a homeless man out of over $5,000 while she was taking care of him...and the one before her went nuts. I read my local newspaper every week and find out some weird stories concerning them...

*sigh* I wish I had the money to move into my own apartment so that I could feel homesick for the town I moved away from in the first place...

Dracula
03-28-2002, 03:25 PM
I live in Illinois (a little close to Chicago). It's not that bad here (though there is an annoying guy named Chris Bauman who sells all sorts of drugs and shit. He never gets caught cuz the cops here suck.

Jigglysaint
03-28-2002, 03:45 PM
Mississauga is a great place to live. We just recently had a bad snow storm, and the next day the wether was warm enough not to need a coat. We had a really warm winter this time arround.

Also, your dollar is worth almost double too. Nothing out the ordanary, except for that huge line at the Krispy Kreme. Talking about blowing the hole donut thing out of proportion!(bad pun alert)

MasterSwordUltima
03-28-2002, 04:12 PM
SiliconHero, what part of Pa are you from? I'm in Northampton, it ain't that bad...because the cops are litterally always at the Dunkin Doughnuts about a mile away from my house...but...they're eating dougnuts....so it's like...not bad. Kids are always doing drugs by the school, across the street though, so its legal, heh. I kinda like it where I am, I'm close to the "city" (large town, there) and I'm right next to a large woodland area. DC, Washington should be nice, except for that damn volcano, go with Oregon ^_^

SiliconHero
03-28-2002, 07:11 PM
I come from a small town on the outskirts of Philadelphia called Darby. My dad calls it the "armpit of Delaware County". Perhaps it has something to do with it being right underneath the "rundown" parts of Philly...I dunno.

cyberkitten
03-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Texas isn't bad, but we get labeled as assholes

no, honey, we refer to you as "goat-ropers"

and let's not forget the always popular "only two things come out of texas..steers and queers and son, you ain't got no horns"

Raichu86
03-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Move to Texas. ;)

theplustwo
03-29-2002, 02:21 AM
hey, if you can shoot someone for 'trying to steal your car' the state must not be all bad, right? Not that I'm from there, I'm from Wiskansin!

Daarkseid
03-29-2002, 02:31 AM
Idaho's pleasant, I guess. However its not to pleasant or forgiving a place if you're among the lower class. And the education system sucks.

Oh, and we also carry mandatory prison sentences for being caught for possessing any illegal narcotic, like Marijuana, Meth(the favored drug here) etc. Our prison populations are massive because of it.

Think of Idaho as more of a wonderland of flat space for rich people to build their sprawling dream homes in, because they like the rural quiet setting that they're about to destroy with the urban sprawl they encourage.