PDA

View Full Version : Any features of the ZC package that you think could use a detailed walkthrough for?

Cronic
03-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Ok there a lot of commonly asked questions, and as a part of my triumphant return to my website (I've worked on the AZC board, and not the site for quite some time) I want to document these in easy to find easy tollow step by step pictorial guides.

So I need to know from the community what do you guys think this needs?

I'll be taking suggestions and building them as I get them (more or less) so keep em comin. Also things that perhaps will NEED to be covered upon the release of 2.0 are more than welcome as well.

2.0 can't take much longer and AZC wants to be ready ;)

Kratheous
03-27-2002, 11:58 PM
I'll be glad to help if you need it DC. Also, I think this will be the perfect thing to fill the "???" section. ^_^

Cloral
03-28-2002, 12:39 AM
Layers would be a good start. They seem to be the #1 asked question nowadays. Somehting on the new enemy tiles probably couldn't hurt either.

GuitarmanTim
03-28-2002, 05:44 AM
good idea, we should add that, DC/krath u know where to find me if you need help :)

Cronic
03-28-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by GuitarmanTim
good idea, we should add that, DC/krath u know where to find me if you need help :)

Heh, and we always do ;)

JayeM
03-28-2002, 09:17 AM
Detaled instructions in words of one syllable on how to select a custom quest...with illustrations! :rolleyes:

Raichu86
03-28-2002, 11:06 AM
You might want to put something up about combo animation. Interestingly, some people can't figure out how to use it. :odd:

K-Teclis
03-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Well... Initialisation Data. is confusing for Newbies as well...

DarkFlameWolf
03-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Actually combo animation was one of the first things I mastered about the new beta. Extremely easy and you'll slap yourself in the head once you find out.
My two thingies:
Layers (do a tutorial that explains EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE USE FOR THEM!)
And to that:
Using layers and stuff to make 'guys' speak to you on normal overworld screens to advance story and stuff..

Zaphod Q. IX
04-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JayeM
Detaled instructions in words of one syllable on how to select a custom quest...with illustrations! :rolleyes:
I'll take one of those for the noob site please (for anyone who feels like making one up). ;)

supertails2001
04-07-2002, 08:26 PM
I'll do it.

Here:

1. Open the program called Zelda Classic (It is a file named zelda.exe)

2. Rapidly tap any key to skip past the intros until you get to the file screen (you should see three file spots with an arrow for choosing, and delete and register options)

3. Using the key you chose to be down (usually the down arrow key) select "Register your name"

4. Press the key chosen for Start (usually Enter\Return)

5. Type in a name for that file.

6. Select the file and press the key chosen for A.

7. When a menu appears, press A button again to choose Custom Quest.

8. Click "Browse"

9. Click on the file name of your quest in the list.

10. Click "OK", then "OK" again.

11. Press the Start key and enjoy!

Comments? Suggestions? Take it if ya like it.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by JayeM
with illustrations!
screenshots, whatever... ;)

DarkFlameWolf
04-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Also, make a tutorial on ALL the uses for dungeon boss flags. (and there are more than one use, as detailed by C-dawg)

C-Dawg
04-08-2002, 12:58 AM
I'd better credit Jigglypuff with the original idea for using Dungeon Boss flags as event triggers. He posted it before I was even on these boards, and you KNOW he'll get angry if we don't mention his name.

-C