PDA

View Full Version : More news on the SSSCA or CBTPA. If you haven't protested, do so now.

Menokh
03-27-2002, 07:20 PM
http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/03/27/196246.shtml?tid=4
This article is interesting. It tells you what this bill is and what it means. It also tells you what you can do to prevent this.
I mean what if China were to do this? Can you imagine the uproar it would cause? So why should the USA be treated any differently? This seems like communism to me.

the big problem is the copy protection would have to be at the hardware level as well as software. This would instantly make your computer or MP3 player(or anything else of that nature) obsolete and possibly illegal.
Do you like to back up your MP3 collection? This would make that litteraly impossible. Oh and roms would no longer even work.

DarkDragon
03-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Yeah, this new bill would really suck. Don't think personally that it will pass (way too hard to implement/enforce), but I signed the petition anyway.

slothman
03-27-2002, 08:43 PM
If this did pass, which is unlikely, I would probably break it just to get the Supreme Court to void it. Either that, move to another country, or show my distrust in other ways.

bigjoe
03-27-2002, 09:31 PM
if this gets passed, im moving to Japan!!! :mad:

theplustwo
03-28-2002, 12:09 AM
I think I would move to Japan to. Or at lest Canada.:D

Would 'Dubbya' be able to veto this?

Menokh
03-28-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
I think I would move to Japan to. Or at lest Canada.:D

Would 'Dubbya' be able to veto this?

Canada wouldn't be safe. The US pretty much dictates the electronics policies there. As for George vetoing it, I'm sure he would, but congress can override a veto.