PDA

View Full Version : 65K strings...

Cronic
03-27-2002, 05:52 PM
Now I don't have the time to do this and I can only assume none others have added this many strings to properly test it... so that bing said maybe it would be a good idea to hand C-dawg a copy with the strings and let him run the tests himself.

DN is the idea pleasing to you? I wanted to get permission before I just hand him a copy, but I'm willin to bet no one has the need for that many strings as of now yet I used 39 just for my intro so I know this will be needed and a welcome feature I'm just wondering if anyone has really had the time to test it yet.

Dark Nation
03-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Yeah, you can give him a copy but not yet. I just realized that while there is more space, ZC still accesses strings by a byte value instead of a word value. So, anything over 255 is cycled back down. Working on fixing this.

DemoQuestFan
03-28-2002, 01:20 AM
My original version of Links Lost Triforce only had about 15 strings so I doubt I would need the 64K strings unless I do a major update

Cronic
03-28-2002, 01:23 AM
The extra strings are really helpfull though. We'll be able to simply make lines like

"________"

to divide conversations... Much easier to arrange your diolauge this way.

KJAZZ
03-28-2002, 02:26 AM
LReyome26, shorten your sig. That is way too damn long. If you can fill your screen with the sig, it is way too long. Try not using so many spaces..and not so much stuff..