PDA

View Full Version : I'm going old school....

Ibis, God of Magicks
03-27-2002, 02:36 PM
For some reason, this morning I picked up Mario all Stars and started to play me some Original Mario Bros.

What a rush. I just finished beating it, and I gotta say, that was a rush. Whoo! Now...On to the ''Lost levels"

DarkDragoonX
03-27-2002, 02:44 PM
resistance is futile. Yo will be assimilated. Join us, and learn to despise the third dimension... BUT, that is only the beginning! Stick with it, and eventually you may learn the wonders of ASCII graphics! :kawaii:

vegeta1215
03-27-2002, 06:17 PM
The original Super Mario Bros is an awesome game. I never appreciated it's greatness till I played SMB Deluxe on GBC and played all the extra challenge modes. Man, what a game!

inori
03-27-2002, 08:41 PM
I still pick up old NES/SNES games and play them on a regular basis. I've had Lunar 2 sitting in my room for a month or so (since I bought the "complete" version) ... but I've been playing Secret of Mana recently. (Just sealed the Fire seed!)

Skatche
03-27-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
resistance is futile. Yo will be assimilated. Join us, and learn to despise the third dimension... BUT, that is only the beginning! Stick with it, and eventually you may learn the wonders of ASCII graphics! :kawaii:

Yes. (http://www.nethack.org)
Yes indeed. (http://www.adom.de)

Of course, then you start playing the old Infocom text adventures, which don't even have ASCII graphics...

Hermit
03-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Shit that's nothin.... I used to play regular Nintendo all the time while my Commodore 64 booted up. (I still think SM2 was better than 1 & 3):laughing:
Ahhh the days of old when loading took half the day away.....

Jigglysaint
03-28-2002, 03:31 PM
I've been oldschool for most of my gaming life. Except for the beginning where I had to play new games(when SMB1 was new), I have never wanted to play those 3d games. I don't like games like Quake, Doom, and any crappy clone of those games that are out there. I'm just going to stick to the Super Nintendo, Gameboy, and other classic systems.