PDA

View Full Version : DDX Vs. That Guy Everybody Hates

DarkDragoonX
03-27-2002, 12:21 PM
No, I'm not talking about any specific person, I'm talking about the fact that everyone has, or has yet to meet, the Guy That Everybody Hates. The Guy That Everybody Hates is that guy in your particular group, whether it be work, school, etc, that has a single, horrible character flaw that causes everyobody to hate him/her.

For example, my personal Guy That Everybody Hates was named Brian, and he quite literally had no concept of humor whatsoever. I don't mean he had a bad sense of humor, I mean he didn't understand humor at all. If you said "That guy has the intelligence of a brick," he would say, being completely serious, something like "No he doesn't, because bricks don't have intelligence, so if he can walk around and talk, he must have intelligence, so he isn't like a brick."

You can easily see how irritating THAT is.

He also had no concept of sarcasm. You could say the most outrageous, sarcastic thing anyone has ever heard, and he would take it completely seriously.

Now, EVERYBODY hated that guy. The worst part about the Guy That Everybody Hates -and this applies to all of them, not just your personal Guy- is that they NEVER KNOW EVERYONE HATES THEM. They are completely oblivious to the rage that festers deeply in all the people they come in contact with. The only thing that kept us from killing OUR Guy was the fact that our boss would have made us clean up the mess, and blood is SO hard to get out of carpet. And yet every day, he would come to work, act all buddy-buddy with everyone, smile, and laugh at our insults, never comprehending that we weren't laughing WITH him. Someohw, though, our Guy had some amazing internal mechanism to keep him alive, because he always left just before we drowned him at the water cooler.

Okay, I'm done ranting now. So, have any of YOU guys had experience with a Guy That Everybody Hates? I'm gonna have to stop typing now, Brian's at the water cooler.

Jigglysaint
03-27-2002, 02:56 PM
First of all, I do have a problem with that. Soem people just arn't smart enough to understand humor. Other times, people might feel guilty for laughing on the job. And ever more, some people might have gone through a tramatic situation that might leave their nerves shaken, and unresponsive to humor. Stop picking on this guy. Sometimes, the one with the bullseye is the last person that should get the arrow up the butt.

Second, the Knights Templar Coloseumn is a better place for rants, so I humbly suggest a topic move, not becaue it's in the wrong space, but to serve as an example to other people who wish to rant.

theplustwo
03-27-2002, 03:25 PM
... If you said "That guy has the intelligence of a brick," he would say, being completely serious, something like "No he doesn't, because bricks don't have intelligence, so if he can walk around and talk, he must have intelligence, so he isn't like a brick." ...

Sounds a little like Daarkseid....:laughing:

Jemsee
03-27-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile

Sounds a little like Daarkseid....:laughing:

Ooo...dishin the Daarkseid...
"Do not underestamate the power..."