PDA

View Full Version : Absolut

Foxy
03-27-2002, 03:59 AM
Most of you here are too young to drink....*lol*....but I'm just curious as to who here has tasted Absolut Vodka? I've drank many things (most of which I didn't like) but have never tasted Absolut. What does it taste like - regular plain old vodka, or what?

The funny thing is - I've always had an odd obsession with their ads in magazines. Every time I saw one, I'd stop and stare at it for awhile, and consider collecting the different bottles and the many different ads. So, today I rounded up some of my favorite ones and made a page for them on my website. So for anyone else who's a fan of the ingenious and artful Absolut Ads, feel free to visit the page at http://www.maxxstudios.com/absolut.htm and lemme know what you think. And if you find any other interesting ads online, I'd love it if you could PM them to me! :thumbsup:

Cronic
03-27-2002, 04:06 AM
It's just like vodaka :shrugs:

If you want a good tasting Vodka I would suggest Sky (Skky/Skyy something like that) It's reasonably priced and smooth goin down ;)

Xyvol
03-27-2002, 04:07 AM
Well, as far as the taste goes, I can't help you because I don't drink. But I suggest going into a resturant or bar and trying the diffrent kinds to see what you like. I like those ads, some of them are really neat and more like art than just an advertisement.

The Silent Assassin
03-27-2002, 04:42 AM
Smirnoff is the best. Absolut isn't that good, in my opinion..a much harder taste than Smirnoff has.

Hermit
03-27-2002, 09:17 AM
That's the only thing I will drink is Vodka. I don't care anything for brand name crap... if it does the job who cares who makes it or how cheap it is. I stick to the cheap ass Vladimir Vodka. I don't do chasers or none of that wussy mixed drink crap either... pansy ass fruit flavored garbage... buncha big wusses I say... ruins the liquor :blah: :rolleyes:

Cheerio

Jemsee
03-27-2002, 09:36 AM
Your right, vary eye catching ads. With a name like "Absolut" you can attach it to just about anything.
I liked the Hitchcock one, and had to wounder if the one with the shoe was a cop.:tongue:

Can not help you with the tast, I'm a beer man, but will take a shot or two of whiskey on occasion.

Foxy
03-27-2002, 06:08 PM
*lol* I wasn't planning on trying Absolut, but since no one that's posted so far likes it, I guess I won't even think to bother. :tongue: I'll just stick to appreciating the art. ;)

Daarkseid
03-27-2002, 06:38 PM
The only kind of Vodka I've ever drank was Absolut. I rather like it too.

inori
03-27-2002, 07:04 PM
I only like vodka if it's mixed with something. And that kind of negates tasting the vodka anyway...

BTW, foxy, I know you know this, but I have to ask anyway... you're saving the taste tests until after the baby comes, right?

EDIT: Appears you answered that question already - never mind.

kariqual_insanity
03-27-2002, 07:06 PM
I'm with Ted, the only vodka I have tried is Absolut. I however, found the taste revolting, yet continued to drink it for my own personal numbing gratification.

Rainman
03-27-2002, 08:19 PM
Heh... My sister brought home and empty absolut bottle because "she liked how it looked" My parents didn't know what to say. Of course they don't know how much she really drinks.

MottZilla
03-28-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Smirnoff is the best. Absolut isn't that good, in my opinion..a much harder taste than Smirnoff has.

I think that's what I had, Smirnoff something. It was new year's eve. It wasn't that bad. But drinking isn't something I care to do.

DarkDragoonX
03-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Um... does it really matter? I mean, vodka is vodka. If you pass out, it has served it's purpose. :laughing:

SiliconHero
03-28-2002, 02:24 PM
Not for me, thanks...
Alcohol and my taste buds can't seem to agree on anything. If I were to take up drinking, I'd probably not try anything heavier than champagne.

The Savior
03-28-2002, 05:27 PM
SiliconHero - If you even know what you're drinking after the third shot, whatever it is isn't hard enough. :D

slayer6896
03-28-2002, 05:38 PM
i personally like Absolut much more than Smirnoff.
Smirnoff isnt strong enough for me it just dont give me a buzz.

i do not take responsibility if a pig reads this post.(for idiots out there pig=cop)

The Silent Assassin
03-28-2002, 05:56 PM
If you want could tasting shit, and don't want to get drunk fast:

Mike's Hard Lemonade
Smirnoff Twists
Any mixed drink (Jack and Coke, etc)
Smirnoff Ice (taste like sprite).
And Zima (Zema sp?)

They have like 5-10% alcohol, but they taste good, aren't as high in calories, and generally are good party drinks. At our High School graduation party, I downed like 20 Mike's Hard Lemonades before I even noticed ANY form of being tipsy, and it was just a light, small buzz...if that.

Daarkseid
03-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kariqual_insanity
, yet continued to drink it for my own personal numbing gratification.

Yeah, thats the best reason for it too. The taste is much too strong for any sort of casual drinking.

Fiyerstorm
03-28-2002, 08:07 PM
The Absolut Ads are so simple looking but I consider them a masterpiece. When I drive soon Ihope I never pass by the big Absolut Vodka billboard...I'll get in an accident....:pirate:

Dracula
03-29-2002, 01:17 AM
Well, those Absolut ads are like art to me. It kinda reminds me of thaose optical illusions to see if it is either a vase, or 2 faces, or something like that.

But, I've kinda made a pact with myself, that my first alcoholic drink would be a Bacardi (probably that Bacardi Silver) I wonder, is that stuff good?