PDA

View Full Version : help! Dungeon entrance won't work!

erb-n-link
03-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Help! I have done everything it says in the tutorial for the entrance to my level 1 dungeon. The entance is set to go to "0x70" but when I test it, it ends up at 6E. What's the deal?

C-Dawg
03-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Probably an error involving the use of RELATIVE vs ABSOLUTE coordinates. Check out the tutorial again and pay attention to that section of it.

-C

Jigglysaint
03-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Ah yes, the old dungeon problem. Forget the tutorial for now. Here's what you do: first, select the dungeon map to use. now make sure that the level is set to anything above 0. Now, there is a picture of the map next to the map. There is also a scrollbar too. If you want all co-ordinates to be the same as wht you put in the fields, then scroll the map untill it is lined evenly with the grey screen. If you don't know what this means, look at level 1 for the first Quest. Everytime you move the map to the left, you make position 00 becoe what is in the upper left corner. So the warp positions and start positions arn't refering to the map, but that map below in the d-map editor. By moving the map there, you tell the game where the first room is(from 00 to 0F) You just need to keep track of this and you will be fine.

C-Dawg
03-26-2002, 02:05 PM
If you want all co-ordinates to be the same as wht you put in the fields, then scroll the map untill it is lined evenly with the grey screen.
>> He means so that the RIGHT hand border around the little screen lines up exactly with the RIGHTmost border of the greyish rectangle inside.

EDIT - Oops, I mean LEFT of course. I can't believe none of you guys caught that :D

-C

Cyclone
03-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Yes, exactly what Jiggly said. Note how, in the first quest, six - yes, SIX - levels are on the actual map, yet all have their own dMap and coordinates set.

Cyclone
[email protected]

JayeM
03-26-2002, 04:26 PM
I have done everything it says in the tutorial for the entrance to my level 1 dungeon. The entance is set to go to "0x70" but when I test it, it ends up at 6E. What's the deal?
You don't use "x" in the coordinates...just a 2-digit number (like 6E), the first number being the vertical coordinate and the 2nd the horizontal coordinate. It uses the hexadecimal system: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F. So 6E would be the 7th row down and the 15th column from the left.

Cyclone
03-26-2002, 04:32 PM
JayeM, the field actually only allows 2 characters. Basically, the "0x" is already there.

Cyclone
[email protected]

K-Teclis
03-29-2002, 06:43 AM
The dungeon dmap is 8x8!
That means if you scroll the dmap, you don't use any coordinates with letters (A,B,C,...). If the problem isn't fixed, scroll the dmap to the right coordinates by using the scroll bar!