PDA

View Full Version : Alphadawg's unofficial 3rd Quest Help

radder1
03-26-2002, 08:00 AM
I know this is an older quest (but a very good one). Does anyone remember how to get to Level 9? I am on a bit of cold streak and would like to totally finish a quest... Thanks.

Cyclone
03-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Actually...his is now the official third quest. And with the release of the next official version of ZC, it will be included as such; I shall remove the quest file submission from the classic area of the database, to officialize it further.

As for help; I'm the wrong guy. :shrug:

Cyclone
[email protected]

AlphaDawg
03-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Actually, the Unofficial Third Quest is completely different from the Official Third Quest. The U3Q is the first custom quest I ever made, the first betas of which were released not long after the first public ZQuest release.

But enough nostalgia, to get to Level 9 you need to find an alternate exit to Level 8.

Cyclone
03-26-2002, 05:01 PM
AD, this (http://questdb.armageddongames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000003) is the one that I plan to take down, for obvious reasons.

The one that you speak of is here (http://questdb.armageddongames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000002). :)

Apparently, they were the second and third completed classic quests submitted to the database.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Matthew Bluefox
01-01-2009, 04:51 PM
In Level 2, there are enemies which are much easier or only to beat with bow and arrow, however I don't possess the arrow yet. I found a shop with the bait in it, and I have the magic shield and the white sword after finishing Level 1 (good heart piece locations, tricky to find, well done). I also got the bow in Level 2 (good hiding as well).

I've tried to bomb or walk through many walls in Level 2 itself, butt I've got a feeling the arrow is not in Level 2 at all, am I right? If it's in a shop, where do I have to look for it?

Greetings, Matt.

patrickab7
01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
The arrow is in Level 2, not too far from the bow...you need to push a block you wouldn't expect to be able to push.

Matthew Bluefox
01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Hmmm ... I haven't read Alphadog's tutorial (I know there's one, butt I wanted to find everything on my own) ... and this arrow ... okay, I'll have another look, butt I really have tested quite everything in Level 2). :)

PS: Found it. ^^ Thankies. Now I have the bracelet (good Patra fight), the bow and the arrow, the letter, the bait and the magic shield. Now I can explore the warp rings, that will take some time. I made it through the forest maze once, butt I didn't have the bracelet back then. :(

Matthew Bluefox
01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Okay, now I have found Level 5 (thanks to the bracelet) and there, I already got the red candle and the raft. However, I see some ladder-only rooms in Level 5, sooo ... does anyone of you know if the ladder is also in Level 5 or somewhere else? If it's somewhere else, could you give me a hint? :) I even found the Turtle Rock and can't do anything there ... I guess I'm missing some necessary items, lol. And I can't find Level 3 or 4 at all. :(

BTW: The enemies in Level 5 seem too easy, butt then ... a Gleeok, an oval Patra, a blue Gohma and ... THREE Manhandlas for boss! Wow. =D

patrickab7
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Level 3 is in the graveyard; you'll get a hint about Level 4 there.

Matthew Bluefox
01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow ... I have checked every grave at the graveyard long before I discovered Level 2 ... now I'm surprised. I hope you don't mean the small graveyard at the "homebase" of Link next to the single Armos statue. I haven't checked every stone there yet.

Anyway, I'm further in this quest than I ever thought. I even found the Magical Sword location which was guarded by the 3-headed Gleeok in the screenshot, good work! Thanks to the other screenshot, I was able to sort out the secret of the turtle rock. :)

CaRmAgE
01-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, it's been a while since I've beaten this quest, but I'll try to help...

Go to the very north-eastern corner of the map (part of the graveyard that looks different from the rest). You need to bomb the group of four graves there.

Matthew Bluefox
01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Hehe, that's what I've just done after the last hint, so I've beaten Level 3 (tuff six Diggy kiddies with only nine HC's, one red potion and only the standard green tunic ... fortunately the boomie worked on them) and gotten the Whistle, and bumped into two -50 and one -25 rupee caves ... *bummer lol* ... at least I won one HC piece in the desert near Level 2. Now to go for Level 4, if I knew where it is ... I found Level 6 though ... doesn't help me for now since the enemies are too hard on there.

I still don't have a clue what I need to do on the turtle rock ... playing the whistle, as well as bombing, slashing or even burning and boomeranging some feet and shield didn't work at all. =(

CaRmAgE
01-04-2009, 11:41 PM
About Level 4, did you find the clue in Level 3? That's all I can help here for now; I don't remember where it is. As for the turtle rock, I'll just say that you don't have the quest item yet to get in, so don't worry about it.

Matthew Bluefox
01-05-2009, 05:02 AM
I thought so, hehe (about the turtle rock). Thankies anyway. And I'll look for the hint in Level 3 again, I couldn't find it when I completed it for the first time. :)

PS: Okies, I was such a dumbie, I missed the hidden continuation near the boss ... and finally got that wallet for my precious blue ring. ^^ However, I still have no clue where the pitcher's mound might be. I know what a pitcher's mound looks like in baseball, butt that's all. Lolies. :)

CaRmAgE
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Well, look for objects that resemble "bases" and play the whistle where the pitcher's mound would be. *cough*southeast*cough* :rolleyes:

Matthew Bluefox
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Alright, there's a second screen (yes in southeast) where I can see three brown stones looking like three bases of a baseball field. However, I've tried that screen already, because I thought that could just be it ... and it wasn't it. So, it must be even another screen ... wow, I haven't been stuck for such a long time like this time.

CaRmAgE
01-05-2009, 01:24 PM
No, that's the right screen. You have to be on the "pitcher's mound" when you play the whistle, or it won't work.

Matthew Bluefox
01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Wowies ... you were right, so now I've beaten Levels 4 and 6, however I heard there must be some super bombs in Level 6 ... I didn't see any on my way to the boss, however I'm sure I must have missed quite everything except the triforce piece and the heart container from the boss. I didn't get neither compass nor map or any special item at all. I think the flippers might be in Level 6, it would make things a lot easier from then on ... however, the magic wand and the mirror shield also still out there. The magic key should traditionally be in Level 8, I assume, and so far, there always have been two special items or even three (like in Level 4) in a single level.

BTW: Those "Peahat rooms" specially close to the end of Level 6 were the most annoying rooms I've ever played in a Zelda quest. And I'd have been happy if there weren't so many raft branches ... those can get really frustrating. *cuffcuff*

So, if anyone might have an idea how to shorten my second journey through Level 6 to get all those items without having to explore every single raft branch and Peahat room ... I'd be very happy. :)

CaRmAgE
01-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes, the quest item in Level 6 is the super bomb. Get some rupees ready, though, because you'll have to pay for them (ok, it's not too expensive, but don't go broke). There are no flippers in this quest.

Well, if you take the second initial passageway, then head up, right, then down, you'll find the map. After that, the rest shouldn't be too bad (I wouldn't worry about the raft branches; there's only two branches if I recall correctly) as the super bomb and compass are close to each other.

Oh, and if you think that level is frustrating, wait til you get to Level 9. :uhoh:

Matthew Bluefox
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I am not worrying about Level 9 yet, first I have to beat Levels 7 and 8 and get the super bomb in Level 6 ... and more if there's more in Level 6, lol. =) So ... the super bomb is just the item, butt you can get more super bombs in a shop later on, I hope ... instead of having to return to Level 6 all the time, lol. =)

CaRmAgE
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I believe there is a hidden shop somewhere that also sells super bombs, but don't remember where that is...

Matthew Bluefox
01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Okay, first of all thankies for all your help. I made it up to Level 8 (done about half of it and already found the magic key) and I finished Levels 6 and 7 completely except for getting the map in Level 6 (missing two rooms, I think) and also missing two rooms in Level 7 (the left inner end of the "M" shaped form), however I think I got what it needs to beat Level 8. I found the magical rod in Level 7 and I bought three super bombs in Level 6 at one time, one being used for opening Level 7 entrance.

I am worried that a heart piece might be in one of the two missing rooms in Level 7. In Level 6, I found the heart piece quite easily, also in all other dungeons I found always one heart piece. So, all I'd like to know is ... should I worry about those two lost rooms in Level 7 or isn't it worth the effort to go back? Also, I'd like to know the way to find the map of Level 6, just to make the quest clean and complete.

As for Level 8 ... wow, so many passageways ... up to now, I was able to keep them all in my head, butt for this one, I think I need to write them on paper, so I don't miss the right ones and stay clear of the false ones.

CaRmAgE
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Level 6: Read my second to last post. I gave directions on where to find the map.

Level 7: I'm going to type a rough sketch here, but are these the rooms you're talking about? (the ones with Xs)

OO----OO
OLX--OOO
O-XOOO-O
O-OOOO-O
O--OO--O
O--OO--O
O------O
O------O

If so, then I'm glad you were able to find Level 8 without the hint (which is in one of those rooms). And, yes, an HCP is here, in the other room (one of the oddest HCPs to get in the entire game in my opinion). There's a wall of blocks you need to get past in the adjacent room on the left (marked with an L). That's just a hint to get you started.

Level 8: You have the right idea. Now remember that tactic for Level 9; you can easily get lost in that place.

Matthew Bluefox
01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Okay, after some more hours of "work", I finished Level 8 and I got the flippers (someone said there are no flippers in this quest, butt there are, I've got them now) from a small water cave sort of level with four Diggies as guard. *lol* Level 8 wasn't too hard to find actually, after I found out there were some "loose bushes" ... hehe. And, as usual, I couldn't find two rooms in Level 8 now, and I highly guess there's another HCP in those two unexplored rooms. After playing Level 8 three times (once I lost a savegame with Level 8 finished ... grrr), I can navigate through that level quite okay, just those two rooms are apparently inaccessible. =(

Yes, about Level 7, those are the rooms I couldn't get at. And thankies for giving me a hint on how to get there ... however, I can only approach that room from the left or the top. There must be a warp to the right side then, now I have to do the entire level again just to find the other side of the warp, lolies. :)

Edit: I found the map in Level 6 eventually, it was much easier than I thought, I just missed that room on the bottom corner. Sometimes, I'm just stupid. :) Now it's just that warp in Level 7 to those two rooms with the HCP and the hint ... all warps I have tried go to the third room (dark) with the Vires and the diagonal block rows. One goes to a room with Blue Bubbles, and that one leads to a T-shaped lake room with blue Wizzies which I can now get past with the flippers directly to the boss section (isn't helping me at all though). The only warps which don't lead to the Vire or Blue Blubble room are the warps you need to make your way up to the boss if you don't have the flippers. I really need a hint where the warp room for the two last rooms is. :)

Edit 2: And about those two rooms in Level 8 ... I could need a hint for them, too, if possible. :)

CaRmAgE
01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Flippers: So they are in the game. Gee, I guess my memory is foggy in some areas... Well, at least my saved drawings of the dungeon maps are helping you...

Level 7: Approach from the top and do something with the wall of blocks on the right (i.e. use one of your items). So, no, there is no warp to get over there.

Level 8: The one shaped like a G, right? Again with the drawing:

-OOOOOO-
OO----OO
OO------
OO-OOOX-
OO----XL
OO-----O
OO----OO
-OOOOOO-

This tip applies to the prior level, too, but you can actually walk through some walls in this quest (push against them), on top of the usual bombing of others. That's how you reach those two rooms.

Oh, and you're probably missing more than those two rooms. That particular dungeon has two rooms that are not on the map (which I didn't mark on my drawing...yet). Did you find them?

Matthew Bluefox
01-09-2009, 07:34 AM
One on the top left corner of the G is a hint room which I found very urly in the game. I tried the same on the top right, bottom right and bottom left corner of the G, however nothing came out. So, when you type the "L" next to the room "X", I have to use an item or walk through that very wall from the right to the left, I guess. I'll try that. Thankies. :)

Edit: Okay, I have found the missing rooms in both Levels 7 and 8, and I finally got the last two HCP's from those levels and the second bomb upgrade, aaaand ... I found a secret exit next to the magic key location in Level 8, that was a surprise since I had the same in "Legend Of Zelda 1.5 Final", a second exit from Level 8 to find Level 9 ... so funny. ^^ Anyway, I have started Level 9 now, explored about ten rooms so far and died quite quickly, so luckily there is a cheap potion shop short before Level 9's entrance and I am now saving money to buy the lens which I found in the last graveyard. :)

BTW: I also found that second super bomb place (even cheaper than in Level 6)! It was in the large transition cave. :)

CaRmAgE
01-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Level 9: Good luck with that (really). :rolleyes: Hope you don't get lost/frustrated.

Hidden Shop: Oh, that cave. I remembered it was in a cave. I just forgot which cave.

patrickab7
01-10-2009, 01:02 AM
I think you need an earlier version of ZC to get the flippers...otherwise, that water cave just contains a mute fairy.

Also, for the record, the flippers help you find another bonus item if you know where to look...

Matthew Bluefox
01-10-2009, 06:40 AM
The flippers are good to make shortcuts at some parts, butt when I returned to Level 6, I really preferred the ladder in those Peahat-Zora rooms. Always when I tried to move on the small platforms, I fell into the water. =(

Anyway ... good to know there's a bonus item to get ... I think it's the bonus HCP which I won't need anymore since I have all of them. :)

PS: I bought the lens of truth ... and honestly ... it isn't worth anything! I can't see any secret! Do I do something wrong? It's deducting rupees and I see a circle, butt I don't see any secrets, specially in Level 9 and then I could walk through a wall which wasn't shown by the lens of truth ... I wasted my rupees. :(

CaRmAgE
01-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I think you need an earlier version of ZC to get the flippers...otherwise, that water cave just contains a mute fairy.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That's probably why I was confused.

PS: I bought the lens of truth ... and honestly ... it isn't worth anything! I can't see any secret! Do I do something wrong? It's deducting rupees and I see a circle, butt I don't see any secrets, specially in Level 9 and then I could walk through a wall which wasn't shown by the lens of truth ... I wasted my rupees. :(

I don't remember the original lens of truth being set to locate walk-through walls. You can use it to find secret combos, though.

Matthew Bluefox
01-11-2009, 05:26 AM
So it makes you see stairs and bombable walls and cave entrances? Anything else? I never had a lens of truth in any quest so far, so I'm confuzzled with it. :)

CaRmAgE
01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, it will sometimes reveal invisible pathways (say, over bottomless pits) and any secret combos that are triggered by burning, bombing, etc. something else. It may not always reveal secret stairs, caves, or bombable walls, though (although the lens will reveal some of them).

Oh, and you might want to try tapping the button instead of holding it down. This can help conserve your rupee supply.

Matthew Bluefox
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeppies, I already noticed the rupee costs when using the lens. I think it's a bit too expensive for what it really serves. Anyway, I hope I'll manage to beat Level 9 this or next year ... some day. :)

patrickab7
01-12-2009, 08:29 PM
If you like U3Q, check out the revamped version of the quest - Conquest Of Sarpadia. You need a specific beta(758) to play it, but it's tremendous...

If I may ask, what version are you playing U3Q on where you were able to get the flippers?

patrickab7
01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Bump for a quick question...

I'm playing U3Q...when I read that someone was able to use a more recent beta to get the flippers, I gave it a shot. Yay flippers! I went to the bonus level, made it through, found a few nice surprises in there, got to the item at the end, and...couldn't pick the darn thing up. *HEADDESK* I have 16 hearts maximum plus the extra heart piece, anything else I need?

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
where is the magical book? I am in level 7 and I think I need the book to get past the room with the patra which I already killed. I need the magical book to burn a bush but sadly I have looked everywhere to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

patrickab7
01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Book is in Level 5.

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I looked in every room in level 5 and burned every bush so where the heck is the book? Which room in level 5? I have been in every room.

patrickab7
01-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Crud, I'm sorry, my mistake...Level 4, not 5.

CaRmAgE
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, the book is in Level 4. I'll look up my maps later in case you need more help on its exact location.

Matthew Bluefox
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
A bonus level? You don't mean the actual flippers cave, do you?

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I found the magical book and now need help on where the heck is level 8. I know it is somewhere in the red area where I used the wand to access.

LINK&ZELDA4EVER
01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok I found level 8 and what a doozy so far. I found the next bomb upgrade at least.

patrickab7
01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes, there's a bonus level that you need to flippers to reach...the bonus item(master sword) is there. Be sure to check EVERY possible place you can swim...

Matthew Bluefox
01-23-2009, 05:34 AM
Okies, thankies. The master sword would be nifty to fight off all those blue wizzies in Level 9. ;)

patrickab7
01-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Except, as I noted earlier, for whatever reason I couldn't pick up the master sword despite having 16 hearts plus the extra piece. Ugh...hopefully Alphadawg or somebody else can clarify that minor issue(I used build 910).

You can get the mirror shield in Level 9, so that may help your Wizzrobe battling...

CaRmAgE
01-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Well, that's a problem... By default, you need 21 hearts to pickup the Master Sword; and since you couldn't change the required number of hearts for pickup in Zquest v1.90...yeah.

Yes, the mirror shield can prove to be very useful against the wizzrobes (and is in both versions of the quest, btw). Also, let me know if you need my map. I drew it in more detail than the other levels, including which passageways go where, etc.

patrickab7
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
For the longest time, I had been playing U3Q on 2.10.2 where I couldn't get the flippers. Was happy to finally get them, but now I can't pick up the master sword...oh well. The discount lens in that dungeon was a nice surprise, at any rate.

Matthew Bluefox
01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
You mean there's a second lens in that bonus level? Oh wowies, and I bought the normal one, me is idiot. =D

patrickab7
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
To be fair, I wasn't aware of it until just recently...I also wasn't aware of the hint room in L8 that you mentioned, so score one for you there.

Schmoul
09-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Anybody can help me reach the boss room in L7 ('M' shaped). For the life of me I can't figure it out and have been to every room except for the boss room and triforce room. Thanks!

Gleeok
09-05-2013, 01:47 AM
CJC: I think the "3rd" and "Unofficial 3rd" are two completely different quests. :tongue2:

Schmoul
09-05-2013, 02:33 AM
That's right, I'm looking for help in L7 of the unofficial third quest. To clarify, the map has the shape of an "M". My problem is that I cannot find my way to the boss room, even though I've explored everything else.

Schmoul
09-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Nevermind, I finally figured it out. I could have sworn I whistled in EVERY room...;)

Schmoul
09-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Of course, no problem. And thanks for taking the time to reply!

zcfan27330
04-18-2018, 04:20 PM
I'm about to beat this (sadly for the first time). Does anybody know where to find the unpassworded version? I'd like to find the 2 missing heart pieces that I haven't found yet.

anticitizen_one
09-16-2018, 11:29 AM
I actually seem to remember there being a site that had interactive overworld maps of both the third and fourth quests. Does anybody know where that was located or if it's even still up?