PDA

View Full Version : New Tiles

Toma
03-25-2002, 11:25 PM
For one of my quests I am making several new tiles (new deco items mostly) and I have made the tiles they are on the tile screen, but how do I use them in building the level? The tiles I make do not show up on the tile selection screen at the right side of the screen, so how do I select them to put them in my level?

Oh, also Rachu told how to permantly trigger a combo with the whistle in the submissions for a new walkthrough, but I don't understand it. How do you set a trigger perm combo, and I don't understand the steps after that either. Could you explain it for me?

Thanks for you help.

Brasel
03-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Okay, to put new tiles in the bar on the right, just right click on any empty space and it will bring up a dialogue box. Click on the first little empty black box and the tile page will come up. Select the tile you want to you and double click it. You will return to the original dialogue box. Click on the second square to determine what parts of it you can and cannot walk through with Link. Making parts of the box pink will designate unwalkable areas.

Toma
03-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks Sir Anthony, that takes care of one of my problems. I knew the pink boxes are for walkability, but what are the blue boxes for?

C-Dawg
03-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Cset offset. If you're placing tiles normally, you know how you can press + and - to change the cset that all of your combos use? Well, the cset offset lets you use those other colors without pressing + or -; it sets the base cset for that combo. It's also useful cause some csets can't be reached by pressing + or -.. Im not sure which ones.

It works like this. Put a number in the Cset field(can be positive or negative. If it's out of range, ZQuest will correct it), and that will be the offset. Then put a blue square over the part of the tile you want to use that offset (I've never had occasion to use anything but the entire tile in an offset, but I guess half-and-half has it's uses)

This has a myraid of uses, most importantly to let you use more color in your design, but also to do neat tricks. (Nick actually pointed this one out to me.) If you want a tile to change colors when Link gets new rings, make it Cset Offset 4. This is good if you have tiles that are supposed to represent the little elf in some circumstance.

Use your imagination. :)

_C