03-25-2002, 10:45 PM
doh!

AlexMax
03-25-2002, 10:46 PM
No it's not.

www.the-underdogs.org

KingArthur
03-25-2002, 11:19 PM
YAAAY!!! How'd you find that? it didnt used to have the dash.

Hermit
03-27-2002, 11:05 AM
You're right it didn't used to have the dash, but if you take the time to read the damn page you'd know why it's changed now :blah:

AlexMax
03-27-2002, 04:56 PM
YAAAY!!! How'd you find that?

I'm just smarter than you. :/

Here was my step by step process to discovering the new site.

1. Tried www.theunderdogs.org
2. Cursed.
3. Tried it again.
4. Cursed.
5. Looked up Home of the Underdogs on Google
6. Found a cached page of Home of the Hunderdogs.
7. Opened it. Saw the last news entry was "We are having problems. To access this site, use such and such IP (forget what it was)
8. Entered the IP in the address bar.
9. Found the new site, and found out the new domain
10. Rejoyced.

And for everyone else, this is the reason for the move...

"The domain change is due to my own stupidity for thinking that my account at Register.com works for all domain names... apparently theunderdogs.org did expire under my old (now-defunct) e-mail, and was snapped up by a cybersquatter called ultsearch.com who apparently does nothing worthwhile except redirect URLs to their dodgy search engine :/ "

KingArthur
03-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Hermit
You're right it didn't used to have the dash, but if you take the time to read the damn page you'd know why it's changed now :blah:

I was asking how he found it because the old site wasnt there... I already knew why its changed... so :blah: to you too.

Hermit
03-29-2002, 04:02 AM
An honest error in my misreading then, my apologies :)

Leon S. Kennedy
03-30-2002, 02:59 AM
AlexMax problems solves just like myself...

retro_crono
03-30-2002, 03:05 AM
I haven't checked it out yet, but what's this underdogs thing about? You guys seem pretty into it. Am I missing out?

Daarkseid
03-30-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by retro_crono
I haven't checked it out yet, but what's this underdogs thing about? You guys seem pretty into it. Am I missing out?

Its a website full of abandoneware, alot of it downloadable from their site. If there is a classic PC game you missed out on, or want to dig up again, The Underdogs will either have it, or direct you to where you can get the game(they won't host any files for games that are still miraculously sold by some company or the games maker).

theplustwo
03-30-2002, 04:28 AM
It harkens back to the old www.pennyarcade.com (http://www.pennyarcade.com) andwww.penny-arcade.com (http://www.penny-arcade.com) thing, except the good penny arcade's address wasn't ever without the slash.

AlexMax
03-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Actually Daarkseid, that isn't entirely accurate anymore.

First of all, HOTU only has UNDER-RATED games on their site. You won't find DOOM or King's Quest on there, but you might find Strife, Motorhead or MULE.

Second of all, it has started to host under-rated ROM's as well (Yae Ar Kung Fu, River City Ransom, Harvest Moon)

Daarkseid
03-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Yeah, you're right now. Last I really checked the site though, they did have all the King's Quest games on there, though I don't believe you could have downloaded any of them on their site.

But they do have King's Quest 1 VGA and King's Quest IV AGI(the old Adventure Gaming Interface that King's Quest 1-3 used). Though the latter isn't available for download either because its copyrighted by some member of the IDSA.