PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting the new LOZ?

holywarrior
03-25-2002, 10:07 PM
I was just wondering, from all of the LOZ fans, are you going to buy/rent the new Legend of Zelda for Game Cube? In case you were wondering what the storyline was, here it is: (This is just the rumored storyline from www.legendofzelda.com)

"A LEGENDS END"

Two years after the history(story) of Majora's Mask, Link is called to Zelda's castle.Zelda doesn't feel well and reveals to link that she is holding a stronger type of ocarina.Worried, Link begins to investigate ancient parchments that reveal the ocarina is(can be used to open) a gateway between the real and spiritual world.Gaurding it is a legendary sword of war belonging to the bush of artifact.(artifact forest???)After a week link returns to zeldas castle for obvious reasons to explain what he had discovered,he cries desperatly when he finds zelda dying before him "the sword link...the sword....our strength rests upon the golden ocarina" A dying princess, and an in-imaginable adventure.

"A DAY WORTH LIVING"

Following the death of Zelda, Link immediatly sets out to the "Pacific Sands" where he can get some help with the mystery at hand.After weeks of walking through the desert, Link discovers what he needed to know.Whoever posseses the golden ocarina will be able to defeat the legendary sword of "almas" which blocks the doors to hell, but only after he defeats and conceals the spirits of the five demons.After that it will be necessary to visit the seven towers( that appear)scattered through out the land holding more demons and obstacles.The seven spirits being there to gaurd the gateway to the heavens.(or hell)Link will then be able to take the shadow ocarina from its eternal resting place, being the only thing that will allow him to begin the search for the golden ocarina.As he enters the gates of hell, will he be able to save princess zelda, defeat the sword of "almas", and how far into hell must he go to do it.

And again, this is just the RUMORED storyline.

Menokh
03-25-2002, 10:13 PM
I'll definatly buy it.
And that storyline is a fake.
If Link were to travel to the netherworld to save Zelda, it would most likely not be called "Hell", but something else that would fit Hyrule's mythos.

Anyways, odd graphics or not, I must have this game.

The Silent Assassin
03-25-2002, 10:20 PM
That is not even close to the real story.

vegeta1215
03-25-2002, 10:43 PM
I think they're just about worn out Ocarinas and Time Travel/Warping. I don't think they would use either of those scenarios.

We'll just have to wait and see.

holywarrior
03-25-2002, 10:59 PM
I didn't think that was the real storyline either. It did sound kind of weird. I read a lot of reviews for it and it sounds really nice. Even though the graphics are cartoon-like, which some people don't really like, I'm still gonna get it! :kawaii:

Dark Dude
03-25-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
Anyways, odd graphics or not, I must have this game. If anyone can make it work, Shigeru Miyamato can.

Saffith
03-25-2002, 11:54 PM
Yeah, there you go.
If Miyamoto says Zelda is supposed to be cartoony, who are any of us to argue?

Unless they decide to make it look like South Park. That might be a bit much.

Warlock
03-26-2002, 12:16 AM
I think it actually looked fine except the eyes which are being fixed anyways..

Brasel
03-26-2002, 12:22 AM
That storyline might be fake...hmm...but it gives me an idea.... :D

Dracula
03-26-2002, 12:27 AM
I never thought of anything REALLY wrong about the GCN Zelda. Sure, at first, I was a bit put down knowing the beautiful graphics were changed into this cartoony South Park thing. But then I realized two things that made the game seem even better...

1. Zelda has benn a bit cartoony since the beginning (no offense) so there really shouldn't be much of a difference.

2. Many fans have sent messages to NoA saying Zelda and many other games need some changes in it. Well, now those same people are crying because they really asked for it.

So, yes, I really want to get the GCN Zelda, Cel graphic or not. It should be a classic.

KJAZZ
03-26-2002, 12:45 AM
I'm getting it. I don't care about the graphics, Paper Mario looked bad but I liked it, and every LOZ game so far has been fun. So, yes.

Mak-X
03-26-2002, 12:53 AM
I've seen the movie of the GCN Zelda, and I think its going to be a lot of fun. It may look wacky, and different than what was previously shown, but it just really looks like it has a lot of gameplay to make it fun.
I just hope it doesn't interfer with any of the previous Storyline in Ocarina of Time or the more plot filled Zelda games that continued the story. That would ruin the previous games, and I'd rather this Zelda be some side story or alternate universe than to continue the tale shown in the Zeldas like Zelda 2 and Ocarina of Time. The graphic style wouldn't seem to fit it.
Miyamoto commented that he'd like to expand on the world on the Game Boy Zeldas, so itll probably be in a similar world of Holodrum and Lybranna. Link's appearence in the Oracle games is a lot more similar to the GCN Zelda than the other games.

Daarkseid
03-26-2002, 01:00 AM
I may rent it or borrow it from a friend, but if it plays anything like OoT, I'll probably skip buying it.

MottZilla
03-26-2002, 02:37 AM
I'll get it just cause it's zelda. If it sucks, I'll pirate it to save money. :p

Warlock
03-26-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I may rent it or borrow it from a friend, but if it plays anything like OoT, I'll probably skip buying it.

Based on the movie, the controls seem to be improved.. there seems to be a lot more Link can do in general in terms of moves and such.

Dragon
03-26-2002, 12:18 PM
There is a big difference between hating the graphics of Zelda and being crazy enough to pass on one of Nintendo's best franchises.

Zelda will most likely be an awesome game, and although the graphics scare me, the idea of not having this game to look forward to for Gamecube scares me more. (I mean lets face it, without Zelda, Mario, and Metroid and RE coming out soon... this year would suck for Gamecube).

mrz84
03-26-2002, 04:24 PM
i say give it a chance. if you give it a chance you might like it. ive done that with other games that seemed ify. i for one am going to at least rent this. then buy it if i like it. :kawaii:

Raichu86
03-26-2002, 08:17 PM
I may or may not get it. I got an N64 just to get Zelda64, it might end up being the same case with this game.

holywarrior
03-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Sir Anthony
That storyline might be fake...hmm...but it gives me an idea.... :D

An idea, as in...