PDA

View Full Version : after the hack s are in place..

Dechipher
03-25-2002, 08:31 PM
there should be another hack that says if a post has been edited since you last read it or something...case there are some topics that poeple are interested in, but dont view if there aren't any new posts, but sometimes there are edits there, but there is no way to kno wunless you view it, which is why we need a hack that tells if it has been edited. Did i confuse ya?

Toolie
03-25-2002, 08:33 PM
I think that would be a nice addition... like voting in polls bumps a topic.

Cecil
03-25-2002, 08:34 PM
but another hack would be useless tough, duh!:whap:

Paradox
03-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Cecil
but another hack would be useless tough, duh!:whap:

?

well, that would be nice, we had it before, and it would be good if we used it again i think

Chris Miller
03-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Better yet, how about a hack that tells you if somebody else attempted to edit your post without permission?

MetaStaiford
03-25-2002, 09:21 PM
here's what would do nicely, especially in the MPQ

that little "This post was last edited by [insert name here]" line.

that way you both know if someone edited it, and WHO edited it.

Breaker
03-25-2002, 10:12 PM
Instead of suggesting that we pull hacks out of our asses, you could provide links to said hacks...might get them installed much quicker.

AlexMax
03-25-2002, 10:13 PM
How about when you edit the title of the first post in the topic, the actual topic name reflects the change? That has been pissing me off as of late.

The Silent Assassin
03-25-2002, 10:14 PM

A bit rude. Yeah, it would be nice if peope who suggested stuff could provide some support, but they also have a right to voice a suggestion. Maybe the admins never thought of it, like the idea when they see it, and go for it?

AlphaDawg
03-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by callitaday
Better yet, how about a hack that tells you if somebody else attempted to edit your post without permission? What exactly are you trying to suggest here... the hack should notify you when a non-mod accidentally clicks the "edit" button for one of your posts? Doubtful. Most likely, you're trying to suggest that mods seek your permission prior to editing a post of yours.

Putting aside exactly how such a system would work... whether you agree with it or not, the rules state that mods are allowed to edit your posts without seeking your permission beforehand. If one of your posts are determined to have been edited inappropriately, it will be dealt with.

Cyclone
03-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Guys, guys...if you edit any of your posts, feel free to look at the bottom of the post AFTER you edit it. You will clearly see, "Last edited by so-and-so" below that single post. :rolleyes:

This doesn't happen within the first few minutes of posting a post, but it happens otherwise.

Cyclone
[email protected]