PDA

View Full Version : Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Jemsee
03-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. - Gandalf

Who is your favorite wizard of all time? :darkmage:

Your favorite does not necessarily mean who can kick the others...aaa...wand. But if you care to vote for your fav. and rant about the strongest, please feel free.

http://invis.free.anonymiser.com/http://www.geocities.com/idowindows_gary/merlin.jpg

Cyclone
03-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Mmm, Lord of the Rings...I like that quote. :darkmage:

Cyclone
[email protected]

slothman
03-25-2002, 12:25 PM
I don't like any of those as well as the wizard in Zork2. He can do anything as long as it begins with 'f'.

Goat
03-25-2002, 12:59 PM
*damnit* accidentil double post*

Goat
03-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Ganon is definently the coolest. He was the most bad ass

Cyclone
03-25-2002, 01:01 PM
Ah, Goatboy. He really whips the llama's ass. BAA!

Ahem.

No, like I said, Gandalf owns you.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Goat
03-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Seee, Ganon was a bad guy, and bad guys are always the coolest. he wasnt restricted in his power use by some gay element of good. He goes all out and acts on his own agenda

theplustwo
03-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Saruman sucks because he is just a pawn of Sauron, but that begs the question, was Sauron a wizard? I'm not sure...

Arcayn
03-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Sauron is obviously a wizard because he can use black magic, but his powers go much further than that.. he is no ordinary common-or-garden fireball&healing wizard.

Anyway... I like swords!

Oh, you asked for a favorite wizard.

Well, Gandalf is witty. And he's just everything a "true" wizard should be.

Daarkseid
03-25-2002, 03:16 PM
The Authurian legend has always intrigued me, where Lord of the Rings and whatever godawful fantasy series you people worship has failed to capture my imagination, the quest of Arthur to bring order over his pre-anglo saxon British kingdom had been celebrated by myself for much of my boyhood years. Favorite experience of this was from watching Excalibur on a laser disc player.

So this then led me to vote Merlyn(although I've always seen it spelled Merlin).

Cyclone
03-25-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
So this then led me to vote Merlyn(although I've always seen it spelled Merlin).

Yup, Merlin is the spelling.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Goat
03-25-2002, 03:58 PM
You know, the wizard of OZ wasn't actually a wizard.All he did was be liek hey, you had that shit all along, you just had bad self esteem or something.. And I don't whip the llama's ass Cyclone, I lightly tap dat ass.

Cyclone
03-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Goatboy
And I don't whip the llama's ass Cyclone, I lightly tap dat ass.

Nah...in my books, you whip it. I'm poking with Winamp, see...

Cyclone
[email protected]

Goat
03-25-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone

Nah...in my books, you whip it. I'm poking with Winamp, see...

Cyclone
[email protected]

Oh, my bad

Axel
03-25-2002, 04:10 PM
well I voted for dumbledore because he was strong (with magic) witty, wise, intelligent, and mildly psychotic.
I think either Rincewind or Archancellor Ridcully from the Discworld series. Rincewind knew no spells but was a coward and very inteligent (wait, aren't those the same?) and an excellent linguist. Ridcully was sensible, capable and able to defend himself despite his position, because of his crossbow.

Cecil
03-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Come on people!! 2 votes!?
Just because Gandalf is more popular, everyone voted for him!!
Merlin would without-a-doubt whip all these pansys butts!!(except Ganondorf maybe) now I know he said that its not the one who would kick all the others.....as.....I was saying but come on!! Merlin would defintly win first place!!!Not even Ganondorf could defeat him because he was beaten by a teenager!A teen with a sword taking down the "King of Evil"?
Merlin is definately the best

KingArthur
03-25-2002, 10:03 PM
I picked Merlyn... Why... Oh comeon... guess :)

Dechipher
03-25-2002, 10:10 PM
hey... what about the wizzrobes? :confuse2:

Jemsee
03-26-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

I noted the misspelling after I posted.:shrug:

I see that Zifnab and Eleminster were left out in the cold. I guess being characters in books and not movies made them less popular.

It was a hard choice, but I made up my mind before posting to vote for Zifnab. I have always been fond of Merlin becose of my English decent. And whats not to like about Gandalf or anything from LotR, loved that guy.
But I liked Zifnab for the comic relife he gave to the story. Here a wizard powerfull enough to travel time and space, a friend of dragons, protector of humanity, and his hat is smarter than he is, or so it would appear. Anyway he gets my vote.

And I Got Your Wizzrobes Right Here!

http://invis.free.anonymiser.com/http://www.geocities.com/idowindows_gary/wizzrobes.jpg