PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Linux

Raichu86
03-24-2002, 10:54 PM
http://www.mslinux.org

Could it possibly be? Microsoft has made a distribution of Linux? :eek:

There's lots of cool things on it, like the builtin Internet Xplorer, the troubleshooting daemon (crapd). Plus, you can freely run it under the GPL (Gates Private Liscense). :kawaii:

Actually, this is a gag. :lmao: I wonder how long before Bill Gates sues their butts? :evil:

Menokh
03-24-2002, 10:55 PM
I give them 3 days.
M$ will send them a cease or desist letter and the site will be gone in about a week.

God help us. Lets hope M$ never trys to make a Linux distro.

Dechipher
03-24-2002, 10:56 PM
like they did with C#???

Linux#??? :odd:

Raichu86
03-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Menokh

I give them 3 days.

M$ will send them a cease or desist letter and the site will be gone in about a week.

Actually, the site was last updated in April 2000. :odd: Seems that Bill Gates doesn't spend enough time going from one side of the net to the other trying to find people to sue. ;)

Menokh
03-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Yet somehow he found out about Lindows...
Oh well.

vegeta1215
03-24-2002, 11:20 PM
I can't get to the site :(

theplustwo
03-24-2002, 11:44 PM
I like the 'Hot Topics' section on the right.

Warlock
03-25-2002, 12:17 AM
lol

Microsoft Invades Cuba
Microsoft's plan to invade cuba and overthrow the government has succeeded. One Microsoft official said "It's a win-win situation. The US Government is happy and shuts up the DOJ while Microsoft institutes a monopoly within Cuba for everything from computer software to toilet paper. One more step closer to world domination. Heck, we could feed a whole development department for the cost of one developer's salary in the US. They may not know how to create an Operating System very well, but neither do our US developers."

Raichu86
03-25-2002, 10:43 AM
vegeta: Their server seems a bit slow, try again.

Originally posted by fmehmobile
I like the 'Hot Topics' section on the right.

I especially like this one:

Microsoft Monkey Colony on Mars
Microsoft has announced that a team of monkeys will be shot into space in 2005 to establish the first Martian Colony. At a recent press conference, Bill Gates confirmed, "We are already training the monkeys to do simple tasks like reboot the space ship when it blue screens. The space vehicle will be running our newest product, SpacePod 2004. This product will instruct the monkeys how to colonize Mars and establish trade with the Martians. We intend to monopolize this market before Human travel to Mars is possible."

Masamune
03-25-2002, 11:19 AM
i do not think this product is real.

vegeta1215
03-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Ok, I can see the site now. :D

You know what's freaky, is since Linux is free, legally, if MS wanted to develop it's own version of Linux, they probably could.

theplustwo
03-25-2002, 02:32 PM
I predict that they will, after Linux has taken over the world.. but everyone will already be using Mandrake, so it won't matter much...:D

Raichu86
03-25-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
I predict that they will, after Linux has taken over the world.. but everyone will already be using Mandrake, so it won't matter much...:D

Never tried Mandrake. I have always used Debian or a variation of debian. But we also have some BSD's around, and even played with DeadRat a couple of times.