PDA

View Full Version : More news on White Night Concerto...

Dracula
03-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Take a look at these screenshots...

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-4.jpg
They got the Alucard shadowy look going here...

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-8.jpg
I'm gonna get confused... Is this SOTN on GBA?!?!

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-6.jpg
I never knew people spoke Japanese in Romania...

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-11.jpg
Uh... little guy? What the hell are you doing to me?

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-10.jpg
Damn... you ugly... (hey! I sound better than Richter!)

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-1.jpg
Jeust Belmont in all his Alucard-ish glory

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/wnc-logo.gif
The Japanese title...

Looks cool for GBA. Konami said it will play like COTM, only with SOTN sprites, light problems fixed, better effects, and a new power-up system instead of the DSS.

The only bad part is, Dracula will not be the main baddy here. Imagine how pissed off I am now (but hopefully, it will be like a surprise ending with him, kinda like in Luigi's Mansion with Bowser)

This game should come out on June 6th for Japan, and July 30th for USA. I can't wait. :D

And more news HERE... (http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/cv-wnc.htm)

DarkDragoonX
03-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Hopefully the graphics on the GBA will be sharper than some of those pics are. Looks awesome, though.

Warlock
03-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Actually the US name is Harmoy of Dissonance.. I like White Night Concerto better tho :)

I'm sure the actually game will look better.. I mean, half (all?) of those are magazine scans after all.. very poor quality compaired the actual game I'm sure.. glad the light issues are being addressed.. never a HUGE problem in CotM for me, but it was still a little bit of a problem..

and I don't care who the bad guy is (Dracula or not).. It will be fun either way :)

vegeta1215
03-24-2002, 11:09 PM
Awesome pictures man! I hope the new Castlevania for GBA has as much replay value as COTM. I loved that game!

Daarkseid
03-25-2002, 12:31 AM
I think its probably best not to have Dracula as the villain. I mean c'mon, in order to add more sequels to the Castlevania saga, they're gonna have to fit them into the time periods that Dracula supposedly wasn't awake to wreak havoc.

I mean, supposedly, the Belmont's have the power to send Dracula into a torpor of sorts for 100 years, but how credible is that power when Dracula is brought back by his minions every 5 years between the end of these 100 year torpors?

It'd probably be good to maybe expand upon Dracula's minionry that continues to bring him back to life even when the Belmont's destroy him every time.

Also, why does Juest resemble something Vampiric when the future Belmonts do not(Ricther, Nathan, Reinhard, Quincy and John Morris).

I'd rather the Belmont line, as a continued symbol of an opposing force against Dracula's evil maintain its purity and any vampiric influence.

Mak-X
03-25-2002, 12:40 AM
I'm sure Dracula will be the final boss in the new Castlevania. It'll probably be some other enemy but then you get to the end of the game and find out Dracula is behind it. Just like Sigma in X2 and X3, and Dr. Wily in MM4-6.

Originally posted by Daarkseid
I mean, supposedly, the Belmont's have the power to send Dracula into a torpor of sorts for 100 years, but how credible is that power when Dracula is brought back by his minions every 5 years between the end of these 100 year torpors?

From what I understand, Dracula is usually brought back every 100 years, but it is possible for him to come back earlier if his minions revive him (maybe that's what your saying). If SoTN is a sequel to Dracula X (doesn't matter which one) that means Dracula is brought back twice in the same century. And in Legacy of Darkness Dracula is brought back with a sacrifice of a girl, defeated, and then brought back 7 years later to face Reindhart Schnieder (heir to the Belmont line) and Carrie Fernandez.

What time period does it take place in and how close to any of the other games (before or after)?

Daarkseid
03-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I know, and then Christopher Belmont had to fight Dracula twice in the 16th century, because Dracula's minions interposed.

But to have his minions bring back Dracula every 5 or so years because a new sequel is released? I just don't like where this could be headed.

Dracula
03-25-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Also, why does Juest resemble something Vampiric when the future Belmonts do not(Ricther, Nathan, Reinhard, Quincy and John Morris).

Because, he's part sorceror (because he's Trevor's and Sypha's child) It's just the begining of a larger bloodline. Also, the artist who made him that way also did SOTN, and he ALWAYS makes his characters that way.

And you do bring up a good point. Castlevania could use some variety with villains.

Mak-X
03-25-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Dracula

Because, he's part sorceror (because he's Trevor's and Sypha's child) It's just the begining of a larger bloodline. Also, the artist who made him that way also did SOTN, and he ALWAYS makes his characters that way.

And you do bring up a good point. Castlevania could use some variety with villains.

Oh, so this takes place after Castlevania 3 and before Castlevania with Simon Belmont? This means this guy is Simons dad unless Simon came from another family member.
Sypha is the sorcerous in Castlevania 3 right? If Carrie Fernadez is a descendent of Sypha that means she's distantly related to the Belmonts and related to Reindhart Schnieder...

Originally posted by Dracula

Who would the villains/enemies be? The whole Castlevania series revolves around the Belmonts fighting Dracula right? Dracula is like the ultimate evil, what else could they use?
(not critizing, just thinking).

Arcayn
03-25-2002, 05:57 AM
Not much.

And as long as they make money creating Dracula games, they're going to keep making them. Even if that involves repeatedly resurrecting the main villain. it's just a business thing. But I don't care, the Castlevania games are good fun either way. Just don't try to link the storylines together... just look at Zelda, there are so many inconsistancies it gives you a headache to even try.
Would't a professional "vampire hunter" know he had to put a wooden stake through the downed Dracula's chest to get rid of him forever?

Dracula
03-25-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Arcayn
Not much.

Would't a professional "vampire hunter" know he had to put a wooden stake through the downed Dracula's chest to get rid of him forever?

Well, a "professional" Vampire Killer would try to find an easier way (it's not stap in the heart, your finished. Its more like, stab blessed stake in the heart, cut off the vampire's head, put the head face down in the coffin with the body in normal position, nail the coffin shut, drain it in holy water, throw it in a body of water, and wait 100 years.) I'm guessing, a genius Belmont thought of having a mace whip drained in holy water would work.

Daarkseid
03-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X

Oh, so this takes place after Castlevania 3 and before Castlevania with Simon Belmont? This means this guy is Simons dad unless Simon came from another family member.
Sypha is the sorcerous in Castlevania 3 right? If Carrie Fernadez is a descendent of Sypha that means she's distantly related to the Belmonts and related to Reindhart Schnieder...

Actually, this game is supposed to take place about 50 years before Dracula X(in 1791 with Ricther Belmon). This is well ahead of Trevor and Simon's games.

Dracula
03-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Also, it was placed 100 years before COTM. Go figure:rolleyes: