PDA

View Full Version : PS2 "Mega Memory 16mb" memory card SUCKS!!

Warlock
03-24-2002, 06:27 PM
God this is the last straw. This thing pisses me off to no end. So I get the thing for my birthday, and I'm thinking "wow, it's 16mb rather than 8mb".. of course the freaking box doesn't tell you that the PS2 does not recognize it unless you boot the gay thing with a cd. So everytime I wanna play a PS2 game I have to use this stupid boot cd first. But that's not the worst part. Sometimes it doesn't recognize it. Like once when I was playing Dark Cloud, all of the sudden I tried to save it and it said there was no memory card inserted! I guess it has problems reading the card when it's in slot 2 or something, which is even more gay.

But here are the worst parts. I got a PS2 DVD remote for christmas. Had to take it back b/c it required saving data to a memory card and it didn't work with this.. bah. THEN, I just got Final Fantasy X, and guess what? Game doesn't see it at all.. I tried everything.. this just pisses me off to no end! I have hated this thing since I got it but this is the last straw... I think I am just going to shell out $30 or whatever and buy a freaking Sony brand 8mb card.. at least I know that will work and it won't require booting (I don't even need the 16mb considering I have only TWO PS2 games as it is!)

God I hate this thing.. a warning to everyone, do not buy it. It is a worthless POS..

AlexMax
03-24-2002, 08:54 PM
A CD TO LOAD THE DAMN MEMORY CARD?

Damn, who was the fucktard in marketing who thought up of THAT idea...

Dracula
03-24-2002, 09:21 PM
I was gonna buy one of those at FuncoLand, and the clirk said it was shit. I took his word for it ,and bought a regular one.

bigjoe
03-24-2002, 11:03 PM
You ,Warlock, have got a PS2? Through what bowels hath the number one fanboy fallen??!!

Daarkseid
03-25-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by bigjoe
You ,Warlock, have got a PS2? Through what bowels hath the number one fanboy fallen??!!

You should know that Warlock has had a PS2 since shortly after it came out, and has only hardly mentioned it, because the only games he's bought for it are FFX and Dark Cloud. He probably bought the PS2 more for playing his old PSX games than anything.

Warlock
03-25-2002, 12:52 AM
exactly.. I was sort of expecting more titles in the future, but there really havn't been a lot that interest me so far. It's ok tho ;)

Duran
03-25-2002, 03:43 AM
If it was made my interact it doesn;t suprise me one bit, they've been making really crappy accessories in the last 2 years.

Masamune
03-25-2002, 11:33 AM
3rd party stuff will screw up your system and games. gamesharks, mega memorycards, etc. all bad! unless SONY releases a mega memory card, i'm sticking with 8mb!

Warlock
03-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I know I know.. my parents bought it so it's not really my fault. I usually try to stick to 1st party accessories too.. I figured it'd at least be ok, so I didn't take it back or anything, but I guess I was wrong ;)

What pisses me off is that it doesn't say on the box that you MUST boot it w/ the CD. That is just false advertising. If I saw that I would have returned it. It just talks about how you get the "amazing memory manager CD which can compress your save files and give you more storage space!".. I really didn't care but I at least figured I wouldn't be using the CD.. bah..

Dark Templar
03-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Good luck trying to find a Sony 8 MB Memory Card.. I've been looking everywhere for one ever since early Feb.

Arcayn
03-25-2002, 03:10 PM
This reminds me off the N64 days. I was very pissed when I got a game (mystical ninja) which actually required a controller pak to save. I thought, none of that shit on cartridge consoles... bah. Anyway I got a 3rd party mem pak. It worked ok, but was really hard to remove from the slot. The I got Turok 2 and it didn't save at all. Had to get an official Nintendo pak to get it to work. Bottom line: 90% of the 3rd party stuff sucks big time.

Daarkseid
03-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Dark Templar
Good luck trying to find a Sony 8 MB Memory Card.. I've been looking everywhere for one ever since early Feb.

Thats interesting, they're still widely available where I live. You should probably try buying them over the net if no stores dealing in videogames have the 8MB memory card for sale.

Grasshopper
03-25-2002, 05:34 PM
This is the only thing that you can find in stores around here. Not many people buy, just because the fact you have to use a CD to load your data.

theplustwo
03-25-2002, 06:13 PM
What?? Please clarify...

LordMagus
03-25-2002, 10:01 PM
Grasshopper. Did you mean to post in Warlock's topic?

Grasshopper
03-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Yes, I did. Sorry.

Dark Jim
03-26-2002, 06:48 AM
Topics merged.

Dark Templar
03-26-2002, 01:49 PM
I have searched on the internet, you CAN order a Sony 8MB Memory Card.. but you have to wait till they get another shipment in which who knows will be since I hear that Sony is running low on making them.. All sites I have went to say "Currently out of stock". So what I'm doing is just waiting for my local Wal-Mart or local electronic store to get another shipment in.. hopefully in the next 2 months..

BTW this happened last week, A new Sears opened up near me at a mall and I was there for the Grand Opening but not till around noon, the store opened at 9 or 10.. Anyway they had about 20 Sony 8MB Memory Cards and they sold them out in just 1 freakin hour! Damnit I was so pissed when I saw they were gone! I felt so stupid, "why didn't I think to come to a new store, they would have to have memory cards.." err But it was just one of those things that you really dont think about I guess.. Anyway I guess everyone went to the damn opening just to get the damn memory cards not for the store, those little...!! :angry:

Grasshopper
03-26-2002, 11:06 PM
What I heard was something like the third party companys quit making them because the contracts ran out or something and Sony didn't do anything about it and didn't make enough cards for the amount of PS2 they sold. So now Sony is having trouble meeting demands. I don't how true that is, thats just what I heard, but I have noticed that I haven't seen any Mad Catz cards or any other well know 3rd-party company.