PDA

View Full Version : When you bring a lunch from home, what do you normally bring?

Jigglysaint
03-24-2002, 04:45 PM
So if you brownbag it, what do you usually put in your lunch?

What I normally do is bring a can of somthing, like chili or soup, then I get a can-opener that I keep in my school bag. Then I just buy one of those large soup cups in the cafeteria and microwave it. I do this for two reasons: 1. I hate sandwiches and 2. I never have room in my bag for tupperware, and I forget to bring it back to wash it(or I bring it home and forget to wash it for about 6 months).

So when 12:00 rolls arround, what's in your lunchbox?

Chris Miller
03-24-2002, 10:17 PM
I usually bring leftovers of whatever I cooked the night before, so I can wave my cooking around the lounge at work. j/k If I forget my lunch, I just go to Jack in the Crack.

kariqual_insanity
03-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Lots and lots and LOTS of individually packaged cheese slices.

DarkDragoonX
03-24-2002, 10:25 PM
I bring chinese, by which I mean my cat.
That was a joke. In china though, there ARE restaurant where they serve cat and dog... nasty.

Jigglysaint
03-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by kariqual_insanity
Lots and lots and LOTS of individually packaged cheese slices.

Actually, same here. I have about 21 right now in my bag and, I will buy 48 more on Wednesday.

I don't know why but I really like them.

Daarkseid
03-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Actually, if I have to bring my lunch, I just take the 5 bucks my mom or dad hands out indiscriminately, and buy shit from a convenient store. Like a 20 oz. bottle of coke($.99), a bag of chips(Funyuns, Cheetos normally, $.99), some hostess type snack cake or fruit pie($.99-1.99) and then if money remains, some candy. The food only sates a momentary hunger; later in the day I feel worn out and exhausted and slightly dehydrated.

Chronos
03-25-2002, 12:12 AM
I never differ...I am always the same...

1. Juice carton (Hi-C, Capri Sun, etc...Usually fruit punch)
2. Jello thingy (i like how you don't have to chew...A lazy man's delight!)
3. A fruit (Apple, orange, banana...They're all the same)
4. A snack cake thingy

5. Always...ALWAYS a Peanut Butter sandwich...no Jelly...white bread. PB will be the death of me!

Brasel
03-25-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Chronos
Always...ALWAYS a Peanut Butter sandwich...no Jelly...white bread. PB will be the death of me!

Me too. I always brought a Peanut Butter sandwich without Jelly and a soda. Nothing else though. I buy lunches now, cause they are warm and I like the mashed potatos.

Foxy
03-25-2002, 03:04 AM
I tended to buy lunches at school, cuz they weren't really that bad. Plus I like hot food much better than sandwiches. BUT...if I had to brown-bag it, I would bring a sandwich (ham & cheese, most likely), an apple, a baggie of pretzels, and something sweet like a couple pieces of candy or something. Pretty normal stuff. :tongue:

Flash Man
03-25-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by foxygrl
I tended to buy lunches at school, cuz they weren't really that bad. Plus I like hot food much better than sandwiches. BUT...if I had to brown-bag it, I would bring a sandwich (ham & cheese, most likely), an apple, a baggie of pretzels, and something sweet like a couple pieces of candy or something. Pretty normal stuff. :tongue:
Almost the exact same thing. Except I might have two sandwichs, a bigger bag of pretzels. I also do prefer hot food over cold. I might also instead of the above bring a canister of soup, in those things people take coffee in. I also brought speghetti once or twice in a canister. It wasn't that bad still warm. Normally at school i'll just buy funyuns and a pop.

Jemsee
03-25-2002, 07:16 AM
If I eat on the go its water and Pringles, chips in a can, 'cus they store easy.
If have time in winter eat at a deli, pie and coffee.
If have time in summer eat at local pub, beer and burgers.
God I love summer!:cool:

bigjoe
03-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Avocados, Chips and Salsa dip ,maybe a hot dog if i know im going to be real hungry , and something sweet , apples are really nice :)

Vane
03-25-2002, 10:46 AM
ever since i found a 6 legged being in my lunch last month :sick:, i bring my own food. I ussually bring whatever we had last night or a corned beef sandwhich

Jigglysaint
03-25-2002, 12:05 PM
When I have money, I tend to hit the grocery store before going to classes or whatnot. They have these things called "Hot Stuffs" in Ontario that are kind of like pizza pockets, but you only get two, they are better quality, and they have different fillings. My favorite is the Peperoni & Bacon, and the Cheeseburger(the kind I got when I was banned from that store that one time; actually they were the first kind I tried).

Also, I sometimes buy these Meatballs & Gravy, a frozen dinner, Pizza Pops(not Pizza Pockets), a burito, or other things that are good. They also have these instant noodle bowls that come in shrimp, hot and spicy, and somthing called "Udon". They're only $.99 a bowl and they are very filling.

When at school, I usually buy some nachos and cheese, a hamburger, pizza, or a stir-fry. Since my school has several fast-food places as well as a cafetera, I have a large choice of food, and it's not bad either.