PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind

Brian
03-24-2002, 02:35 PM
The countdown is almost over- for me, the game that I have anticapated the most ever, is Morrowind. It is scheduled for release on April 3. Its funny, way back when I had a website, I worked with other people on trying to find enough content about this game to fill a page, and now, looking back, I can see the game through all its steps of its development. Me and some of the other people at m0use.net (the place where I used to go for my info, and message boards about Daggerfall) may even be able to take some credit in the fact that there is an area of traditional medieval buildings and such, as we threw a little fit about everything being so weird. ;)

Anyway, who else thinks this will be the best RPG ever? Who doesn't even know what it is? And who's played Daggerfall? I am very glad that his will have such a great editor (the TES toolset) with it. Back in the day with Daggerfall, we had to sort through hex code and strings just to make a different quest based on the molds Bethesda already used.

Arcayn
03-24-2002, 03:54 PM
I have heard of it, and read a preview once. Isn't it a massively online multiplayer RPG, a la Everquest and Ultima, but with very detailed and slightly surreal graphics? Or was it an offline game.. can't really remember.

King Link
03-26-2002, 10:32 AM
I've been waiting for this game too, it looks like so much fun and it has very cool graphics.

DarkDragoonX
03-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Very cool. Daggerfall was great, and this looks to improve upon it in every way. Still, when it comes to PC RPGs, Betrayal at Krondor rules over all.

Brian
03-26-2002, 06:39 PM
I have heard of it, and read a preview once. Isn't it a massively online multiplayer RPG, a la Everquest and Ultima, but with very detailed and slightly surreal graphics? Or was it an offline game.. can't really remember.
Its offline. Its goal is to be the best, most complete, and open-ended (while still always being interesting, unlike Daggerfall sometimes) CRPG ever.