PDA

View Full Version : F***ing monitor died...

MottZilla
03-24-2002, 01:59 AM
My monitor which I hadn't had for that long, and was really good, suddenly flipped out today. I was sitting here after having rebooted and just connected to the net again, but I was playing Rockman X3 on my PSX while it was rebooting. It was just sitting there and it starts flipping out. It seemed like it was either turning off and on really fast, or switching resolutions really fast. Either way, I killed both my PC's power and the monitor's power. I let it sit for awhile. Turned the monitor back on, seemed all was well. Turned the pc on to start rebooting. Then the thing flipped out again, and I killed it and then my pc, AGAIN. I felt the top of the monitor and it was hot, but that's normal. Anyways, I did reboot my pc blindly and started winamp and played music so i knew my pc was fine, and now I'm using an old small crappy monitor, but anyway, I'm really pissed off.

There was NO reason for it to die like that. There was nothing wrong with it and it was never mistreated, like pouring water in it or hitting it.

Anyone have any idea what could have happened?

Drunken Tiger
03-24-2002, 02:06 AM
*:cry: We are gathered here today for the sad sad loss of our beloved friend...Motzilla's monitor...:cry:*

Maybe it was already like that when you bought it... Or you torture it for leaving it on for 25 hours a day whilst viewing AGN and it decided it had enough!!

MetaStaiford
03-24-2002, 02:24 AM
theres 3 things you can do about a situation like this.

1. take it to a repairman
2. (if its still under warranty) send it back!
3. (if its damaged beyond repair, and not under warranty) *hands you the holy sledgehamer of SMASH* Use it well, to cleanse the evil soul, of the unholy monitor

Mitsukara
03-24-2002, 02:31 AM
I think it caught it from mine.. I have a monitor that could die any minute, which might well be a contagious condition; I talked to you through AGN and AIM, and so therefore the disease infected your monitor.

MottZilla
03-24-2002, 02:38 AM
I do realize I used it alot, but my pc was on much more than the monitor has been. And I am going to look into seeing if it can be repaired. I can't wait till I can get a Video card with TV out... I've never had a tv die on my like that monitor did.

This so sucks...

Flash Man
03-24-2002, 03:13 AM
This has happened to me two or three times. For no apparent reason they both blew up. I got really pissed and had to use a piece of shit monitor that only goes up to 640x480, even though I was running on 1024x768. I had a little trouble getting it back in 640x480.

LordMagus
03-24-2002, 04:06 AM
Thats happenned to some of my friends, but not tome.
I have a Dell monitor and the thing is on way too much for it's own good and it still works perfectly.
Who knows.

EDIT: fuck! LM forgot to log out so um.. this is actually Menokh. sorry..

goKi
03-24-2002, 08:36 AM
the monitor on the computer next to my squeals very high pitched after about 2 hours of it being used, but only when its run in 800x600.

Weirdguy
03-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Muahahahahaha!!! My monitor died recently, but rather than acting weird, it just suffered an internal meltdown. I'm also currently using an old one, but it's not too bad, it just doesn't go above 800x600, which doesn't really matter since I don't use anything about that anyways.