PDA

View Full Version : Programmers of Zelda Classic

Omnibob
03-23-2002, 02:56 PM
:king: Zelda Classic is great, but I think that I can help.
Glenn The Great told me about AGN and I pretty much ignored the site, until I took a look at Zelda Classic and began to think of ways to build on it. I do believe that you use a C programming language, and I am very adept at programming. What does it take to become a programmer? May I at least be a beta tester for a while and show you what I can do? Although you guys are doing a great job I believe that everyone can use a helping hand now and then.

Dark Nation
03-23-2002, 03:07 PM
War Lord owns the code, so any additional programmers would have to approved by him. However, you are more than welcome to develop some third party programs if you wish. FatCatFan has done a very nice one, as has Sludge, I believe.

GuitarmanTim
03-24-2002, 07:34 AM
well, at least your not directly asking for the source code :) that should be a plus :) goodluck on becomming a second programmer, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to get some "cred" around here before you will be allowed to help.

Kairyu
03-24-2002, 10:25 AM
Yeah, last time someone with one post came around asking for the source code, he was flamed away and mocked for over a week in posts like "I HAVE ZC 7.00 AND I AM WORKING ON ZC FOR YOUR ALARM CLOCK!". Fortunatly for you, you have credentials (GtG appearently knows you...) you seem mature enough to handle it if you aren't accepted as a Programmer, You're willing to attempt other helpful (But hazardous) jobs, and you didn't ask at the end of your post what the heck this "C" and "Allegro" thing everyone kept talking about was...

:eyebrow: You're pretty interesting. I dunno, maybe I just expected the worst when I saw your avatar choice, but you seem better than most who use DBZ avatars.

Anyway, if you behave, prove yourself helpful, and DN has a spot open for Testing, you'll probably become a Beta Tester eventually. And if Dark Nation ever decides to go the way of Phantom Menace, he may have another choice for the inheritor of the ZC and ZQ legacy... :laughing: