PDA

View Full Version : Cosecutive side warps?

Cronic
03-23-2002, 02:22 AM
Is there some sort of bug that doesn't allow for too many consecutive (same side) sidewarps?

Basically its set like this...

>
<
<
>
<
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
<

Now it ALWAYS for some reason screws up...

>
<
<
>
<
>

Now at the begining of the 8 consecutive same side warps it jumps me about 4 screens past (vertically) the screen I'm set to appear on... Any ideas?

DarkFlameWolf
03-23-2002, 03:35 AM
huh? O_o

Cronic
03-23-2002, 03:42 AM
when using side warps back and forth to create the "story"

">" Means it's set to the right side (sidewarp) "<" means left side.

C-Dawg
03-23-2002, 03:57 AM
Not sure what you're getting at there. Are you using Scrolling Warps? If not, then why are you alternating sides like that? Seems to me it'd be easier to have Link always pop in on the far left or far right, and then have the user hit the same direction each time. You'll probably have to describe what it is you're doing in more detail before I understand the problem.

And no, I dont think ZQuest cares how many side warps you use, but realize since the level is greater than one, side warps DO obey the limitations of the relative coordinate system. Sometimes. I'm not sure under what circumstances user-defined side warps dont work at the edge of dungeon maps, but sometimes they dont...

Other than that, all I can figure is that you messed up the relative/absolute coordinates in there somewhere, or had Link in a situation where there is no text to stop him from instawarping past multiple screens in the same tap of the button. (He'll warp in on the side and keep moving really quickly if there is no text to pause his motion).

-C

plith
03-23-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
And no, I dont think ZQuest cares how many side warps you use, but realize since the level is greater than one, side warps DO obey the limitations of the relative coordinate system. Sometimes. I'm not sure under what circumstances user-defined side warps dont work at the edge of dungeon maps, but sometimes they dont...
-C

Scrolling warps might not, but the I-warps do. In my FFKR demo, I had the first part of the intro on one dungeon DMap that went from screen 00 to 0F (that's across the top and out of the DMap boundaries). I used I-warp w/ blkout, I think.

Cronic
03-23-2002, 01:40 PM
Well I had to design it to go

<
>
<
>
<
>

and so on... But I thank everyone for their help :) Problem solved.

PrinceMSC
03-23-2002, 05:17 PM
So you figured it out huh. I took a look at it last night and saw it a medially, but wasn't sure where the next screen was suppose to go. :laughing:

:king: PrinceMSC:king: