PDA

View Full Version : Astrology question...

Predcon1
03-22-2002, 07:02 PM
What are the implications of the Rat in the Year of the Horse?

I mean, what are my chances of surviving this year?

Menokh
03-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Are you actually worried?
What could possibly make it so that you would die this year?
Astrology is not meant for acurate prediction, but rather guidance.
As for the question, I don't know much about chinese astrology, perhaps JayeM does.

Predcon1
03-22-2002, 10:14 PM
Damn straight I'm worried.

Ever since mid-February, my luck has plummeted, and continues to do so.

Mander
03-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Here is two for the rat.

The Year of the Horse proves to be a demanding one for the Rat native. Exasperation is the rule of thumb this year, as Rats are forced to act against their wishes. This causes the disorder and chaos that Rats tend to stay away from. This is an unpredictable year with plenty of obstacles and Rats hate that.

Avoid speculation in finances and remain vigilant. This is no time for risky ventures. They may blow up in your face and you may end up losing a bundle. Be conservative in all of your dealings. Also, don't lend money this year, even if someone is begging you. You may not get it back. Check out all angles of a plan before carrying it out. This is a time to commit you money to savings. Financial planning is called for to avoid over spending. Might as well spend your time preparing for better times.

There will be modest progress in your career. This is a year of obstacles and you may have some blatant rivalries at work. Handle people delicately, so they don't turn against you. Make diplomacy and tack your key words this year. Use teamwork whenever possible. Take all the training courses you can to build up knowledge and experience. Stay away from lawsuits.

Love affairs do not turn out well this Year of the Horse. This is not a good year to get married or to get engaged.

You may feel like hiding away for the year, but not all is doom and gloom. Your home life is extremely pleasant, with very few minor upsets. There are special times to look forward to in the summer months and in the last quarter of the year. Renew forgotten hobbies and take a well-deserved family vacation. Save up in advance, though. No one will think any worse of you for leaving your troubles behind for a while.

Your opinion will be sought after this year. Don't hesitate to give advice or assistance to others. Just be sure to use caution, so you don't leave yourself open to attack.

Watchwords: vigilance and tact.

RAT

PROSPECT FOR THE YEAR

A year to stay peace and calm. Beware of grumpy and profligate behavior. Take good care of your health and your personal belongings.

The Rat should be careful this year in everything he does. Many mishaps and shattered ambitions expected. Take precautions when travelling over the sea.

CAREER

An unpredictable year with obstacles.

FORTUNE

Consider a financial planning in order to avoid over spending.

Financial losses possible. Favorable to stay away from lawsuits and court case. Handle people carefully or they can turn against you.

LOVE

Love life keeps changing, and it gets burnt easily.

Avoid love entanglements and be faithful to your spouse. Avoid getting married or engaged this year.

Predcon1
03-22-2002, 10:32 PM
I think I'll go hide in the basement and develop a really bad case of hypertension.:shocking:

Saffith
03-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Well, mander got it pretty well. But long as I'm here, I might as well get a little more. Being born in 1984 makes you a Wood Rat. So here's stuff about that...

"Despite having an impressive façade of self-assurance, deep down, Wood Rats are probably the least confident of all the elemental Rats. However, they certainly wouldn't dream of showing this to all and sundry — only those close to a Wood Rat would ever suspect that he or she had such a thing as self-doubt. In fact they are often worried about failure, despite their aptitude at finding success. Popular, capable, and good leaders at work, Wood Rats nevertheless function best when they have the protective security of family around them. Friendly and sensitive, they are generally well-loved by family, friends, and colleagues."

Nonsensical
03-22-2002, 10:43 PM
This is fun! Do the horoscope for a snake for this year! :-D

Predcon1
03-22-2002, 10:43 PM
I would imagine that the Snake would be in the same fix as the Rat, as they are long-time friends in the Chinese Zodiac.

Isn't the Wood Rat a.k.a. the Money Rat?

JayeM
03-22-2002, 11:07 PM
I've always had trouble with Snakes myself, but then I'm a Metal Rabbit.