PDA

View Full Version : Octorok animation seems to fast

VEL
03-22-2002, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. The Octorok's animation seems to fast in newfirst and a quest I'm doing. In BS Zelda (the original) the animation is slower. I'm using the new enemy rule with tiles like this 1, 2, 3, 2.

Cronic
03-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Hey! there you are :) thanks Glenn.

VEL
03-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Hey! there you are :) thanks Glenn.

Thanks Glenn! :D

Starkist
03-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by VEL
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. The Octorok's animation seems to fast in newfirst and a quest I'm doing.

I've been using newfirst octos for a while now and they seemed too fast starting a few betas ago.

KingArthur
03-22-2002, 10:19 PM
As far as I can tell... some of the New style enemy animation runs too fast.

Orion
03-23-2002, 04:11 PM
I think it's jsut a matter of how you have it set up. there are four frames for each movment. So for instance, if you have a frame where the octoroks legs are spread (X) and where they are not spread (Y) (this sounds kinda preverted...), if you have them set up XYXY, it will appear faster than if you have it XXYY. That's the glory of these new enemy tiles.

VEL
03-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Orion
I think it's jsut a matter of how you have it set up. there are four frames for each movment. So for instance, if you have a frame where the octoroks legs are spread (X) and where they are not spread (Y) (this sounds kinda preverted...), if you have them set up XYXY, it will appear faster than if you have it XXYY. That's the glory of these new enemy tiles.

I'm using the tiles from BS Zelda though, and octroks have 3 different frames of animation and I have it set up like 1,2,3,2
Most other enemies aren't this fast, except Lynels seem kinda fast (I haven't checked every enemy yet).

EDIT: Goriyas are really fast too.

KingArthur
03-24-2002, 07:43 PM
And Ghini's and Keese (i think) And yes... they are set up XXYY and still too fast.

VEL
03-24-2002, 07:48 PM
It seems alot of enemies are faster than they are in BS Zelda, but some of them are just a little faster and some are alot faster.

Cronic
03-26-2002, 10:14 PM
compare a new enemy tile Vire to a regualr enemy tile Vire in Newfirst and you'll see what Vel is taking about... They aren't nearly as fluid as the riginal tiled enemies, but it's only like that with some. Keese I think are fine as well as Goriyas and darknuts from what I've noticed.

We should run heavy checks on this.

VEL
03-27-2002, 12:09 AM
The enemies that seemed the fastest were Octorocks and Goriyas, both were using BS tiles, set up as 1,2,3,2. Lynels also seemed pretty fast, but not quite as bad. Lots of other enemies just seem a little faster than BS Zelda. I might be noticing this more than some people because I'm using BS tiles that are 1,2,3,2 and other people are using 1,1,2,2.

EDIT: Here is a quest file, so anyone can check this out for themselves. http://kenoshaonline.com/zelda/VELnewBS.zip

Cronic
03-27-2002, 02:51 AM
definitly add stalfos to that list, and maybe it could be expanded to include new animations for the BS animation quest rule?

Having a set of 4 tiles only seems needed to compensate for the speed of the tiles cycling.