PDA

View Full Version : I really fuckin hate...

Cronic
03-22-2002, 06:33 PM
the "UNKNOWN8" From what I can tell by browsing through the past that many of these were good members still with us today and stripped of heritage... oh well I guess.... anyway toi find out who's who?

Chris Miller
03-22-2002, 06:40 PM
No offense intended, but I have no idea what you just said. Hope I'm not becoming dyslexic or something...:redface:

Cronic
03-22-2002, 06:47 PM
UNKNOWN8,UNKNOWN7,UNKNOWN6 etc are names placed on members accounts affected by the cross over to the different forum type thus it's almost iompposible to tell who was who when skimming old posts.

Chris Miller
03-22-2002, 06:48 PM
It must be even more maddening for the members whose accounts got messed up.:ooh:

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Some member's data from the UBB could not be properly moved over to the VB, so instead new registrations were made, then edited to replace the old member data. Since these posts made by the old member data are still around, they're labelled unknown because they have no data, yet they left behind posts that could be brought to the VB.

I don't know how important one's lineage is to themselves on the forums, but I'd be kinda sad to find a majority of my posts to be labelled with UNKNOWN9 or UNKNOWN4 or whatever. Thankfully, my member data switched over seemingly pain free, so all my posts are where forums still exist( I may have posted in forums that have long since been deleted along with their posts).

EDIT: Eh, I originally typed this in response to CIAD's original reply, but oh well...

Jigglysaint
03-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
the "UNKNOWN8" From what I can tell by browsing through the past that many of these were good members still with us today and stripped of heritage... oh well I guess.... anyway toi find out who's who?

You fool! I AM UNKNOWN8!

So therefore, it really isn't UNKNOWN afterall. Can it be renamed somthing like "Jigglysaint before the great crash"?

Or just Jigglysaint2, or just graft all of his posts to mine so anything under UNKNOWN8 is shown when a search on me is made. It really doesn't matter since all the best stuff is gone anyway.

Raichu86
03-22-2002, 07:46 PM
That's pretty sad. :(

Jigglysaint: I don't think renaming them is possible.

DragonCommander
03-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86
I don't think renaming them is possible.

How did they rename them from the old member names to UNKNOWNx then?

Zaphod Q. IX
03-22-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm UNKNOWNG, I know that...

Raichu86
03-23-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by DragonCommander

How did they rename them from the old member names to UNKNOWNx then?

Well, when the database was converted, the convertor came accross these users and says "I don't like you, you're UNKNOWNx" Now that they are UNKNOWNx, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to change the name, the DB might get screwed.

Mitsukara
03-23-2002, 03:53 AM
Well, when the database was converted, the convertor came accross these users and says "I don't like you, you're UNKNOWNx" Now that they are UNKNOWNx, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to change the name, the DB might get screwed

Actually, that might not be the case.. if I remember what I've been told correctly, then these UNKNOWN accounts are in fact some users old accounts; merely, they have been glitched to some degree. The administrators, upon learning of this, and hastily made replacement accounts. This means that the UNKNOWN accounts should, to some degree, work like normal accounts. Since it is possible to change the names of normal accounts, it seems feasable that similar changes could be made to UNKNOWN accounts (although this might not neccesarily be possible).

However, even if this is possible, everyone will probably have to wait until some active admin gets bored and decides to look into the manner.

Dechipher
03-23-2002, 03:58 AM
jennifer..did you try to pu tthat link avatar???