PDA

View Full Version : Another bug in beta 139! Block pushing!

DarkFlameWolf
03-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Okay, I ported REvenge 2 over to Beta 139 with layers and fixed level 2 so it actually played right. :P But one problem, it seems blocks with normal 4-way flags on them or blocks that should move DON'T MOVE. It happens randomly and to randomly selected blocks it seems. Its hard to recreate the bug because going in and out of the room or exiting the dungeon and coming back will fix it, but then it sprouts up elsewhere where you CAN'T move a block. ITs an annoying bug and it doesn't seem to go away.

Okay, for those who have beta 139, just simple port Revenge 2 over to 139 by opening it up and saving it under 139. Then skip to level 2. Head into the left section of level 2 and take the staircase leading to the right side, now try to get out of there, one of the blocks will NOT move for you. And I'm assuming this is true of the blocks that you see when you take the staircase on the right side of the level leading to the left side. And even MORE prominent of this bug is in level 3. From the start, head up, right, up, right right. And try moving the blocks in the upper left with your bracelet to get that key, the middle block won't move unless you push it first, but doing that will make it unable to get the key. Same thing if you head, left, left, left, up and try to move the blocks blocking the way north. AND same thing happens to the blocks right before the boss door with the two lanmolas. What is going on? I didn't even touch those block flags and yet they aren't working correctly. Clearly a bug of ZC 139. I am using the windows version of Beta 139, not sure about the DOS.

C-Dawg
03-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Yep, I can verify. I was testing DoY and I was annoyed to find that, randomly, certain blocks will become immobile. It seems that when you enter the screen, Zelda Classic MIGHT pick a push-4-way flags to ignore- and its totally random.

-C

DarkFlameWolf
03-22-2002, 07:23 PM
it IS random, but the thing is, once ZC selects a block to be immobile, ist immobile forever. You can't reenter the screen or dungeon, etc, and try moving it again. And sometimes, it IS moveable, but only if you move it FIRST, if you move other blocks then try to move it, it become immobile. And then I tried setting the blocks to flag 54 or 4-way (ns) and that also didn't work and furthermore, made my wooden sword shoot beams when it didn't before and the beam graphics were candles! o_O WTF?

C-Dawg
03-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Yes, yes you can. The immobile block is re-chosen when you enter and exit the screen sometimes.

And yes, all swords apparently shoot beams sometimes now. In DoY, Ive JUST set it up so that the player starts with ^ instead of 3 hearts. If the player starts out with full health, any sword will shoot beams until the player is hurt or picks up a heart. Why, I have no clue.

In your case, DFW, the graphics were candles because you never set up the tiles after your sword tiles to be beam/beam crash graphics. Remember ZC looks to the tiles right after your sword to make up the beam animation.

-C

DarkFlameWolf
03-22-2002, 09:22 PM
oh, then blame that candle thing on Prince, because this was in Revenge 2 which I simply ported over to 139. And I guess the wooden sword didn't have a beam and he never set the beam. So......
But gets rechosen? why's that? Because it seems the same block is chosen each time I enter the room UNLESS I push it first. Then its fine as well as any other blocks. But if I push something else, then that SPECIFIC block gets chosen and immobile.

Cyclone
03-22-2002, 10:25 PM
I have no idea what this is about, but I'll copy this one to the beta forum.

However, the topic is closed in this location. This is a forum for publicly-released version bugs.

{Edit} Hmm, seems I can't close a topic after creating a copy of it. Funny. I guess it'll stay open for now. {/Edit}

ZC DEV. EDIT - Notice this appears in the ZC Bug Center, as well. Advice to any on the beta team; no private information. :laughing:

{Edit3} All right, dunno what happened...but the thread is now a different one in the Bug Center. Post at will. {/Edit3}

Cyclone
[email protected]