PDA

View Full Version : New Post/New Thread

Verbatim
03-22-2002, 12:35 AM
I'm fed up with seeing people posting new threads when they want to post replies because of the stupid "new post" button--a new thread and a reply are both new posts--who here agrees with me that we should kill the "new post" button and replace it with a "new thread" button?

Cyclone
03-22-2002, 12:40 AM
http://boards.armageddongames.com/images/mainpagetheme/newthread.gif

What can I say? I see that in this layout I'm in.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone
http://boards.armageddongames.com/images/mainpagetheme/newthread.gif

What can I say? I see that in this layout I'm in.

Thats because you're using the layout theme that I would call "gay". In Classic Black, it says New Post.

I don't really care, the new posts people are posting aren't that big a deal.

Verbatim
03-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Hmm... interesting. I didn't realize it's only those of us browsing in black who have to deal with that. I'm not going to change though, since my screen flickers noticably if there's a lot of white background (lousy cheap monitor...my graphics card could do so much better).

For those of you browsing with the white background, here's the picture we have:

http://boards.armageddongames.com/forums/html/newpost_2001.gif

Cyclone
03-22-2002, 01:08 AM
Yup, I remember that icon well.

And myself, most of the places I visit have white backgrounds. That's why I am keeping it such on mine. If it makes me "gay" in your eyes, DS, then I have one thing to say to you: :blah:

Cyclone
[email protected]

Drunken Tiger
03-22-2002, 02:43 AM
Not many people have troubles with that so i think we should just leave it!!

Anyway the staff already have too much on their hands!!

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 02:48 AM
I didn't say it makes you gay, I'm just saying the theme is "gay", because I don't like it.

richeva
03-22-2002, 04:08 AM
I think we should change it, because it can get a little confusing. On my first post, it became a new thread because i didnt know the buttons. It would have been funny if it went in the proper place, but it became a new thread, so was a little stupid.:(

CH@O$
03-22-2002, 04:11 AM
well i never had problems defining the buttons myself, but if we change it then all those poor confused people will not be so confused and the moderators will not have to close so many useless threads because of mistakes

Cyclone
03-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by DrUnKeN TiGeR
Anyway the staff already have too much on their hands!!

We do? :odd:

Is poked by an unknown staff member.

Eh? Oh, right...

Turns back.

We do. :)

Cyclone
[email protected]

Drunken Tiger
03-22-2002, 08:59 AM
arent you guys fixing up the hacks?? Or are you people leaving all for the poor Admins and sen mods to do them??;)

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DrUnKeN TiGeR
arent you guys fixing up the hacks?? Or are you people leaving all for the poor Admins and sen mods to do them??;)

Maybe you need to be reminded of what a normal moderator's job is... the only powers we have are over single forums. This means we don't have access to the board's control panel that allows for hacking. Admins do have access to the board's control panel, so it is up to them to install the hacks, not the mods or even Sr. Mods.

Raichu86
03-22-2002, 05:27 PM
If you use Main Page style, the reply button says "Add Reply". I think it's the same with Classic Black. :confused:

I really like New Topic and Add Reply best... I'm not really too fond of what vBulletin calls things. :shrug: