PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode II

Dark Templar
03-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Man I cannot wait any longer for this movie to come out!

Anyone else stoked about it?

theplustwo
03-22-2002, 12:28 AM
I refuse to go to Ice Age just to see the preview. I did, however, sit through an entire friggin' episode of Malcom in the Middle to see it. :shudder:

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 12:30 AM
Fuck yeah! I wanna see Ice Age just to see the trailer again!

I really want to go and camp in line, so I can see it as soon as it comes out. This movie will kick ass, despite the title everybody has a problem with(I got into an argument with my dad because he kept refering to the movie as Attack of the Clowns).

cap2030
03-22-2002, 12:32 AM
I saw a couple of trailers online and I'm dying to see this.

theplustwo
03-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

I really want to go and camp in line, so I can see it as soon as it comes out. This movie will kick ass, despite the title everybody has a problem with(I got into an argument with my dad because he kept refering to the movie as Attack of the Clowns).

ROFL!! Now, buy the soundtrack, featuring 'send in the clowns' by barbera striesand

The Silent Assassin
03-22-2002, 01:39 AM
I'll go see it, but I wasn't "extremely" hyped for the first, nor this one.

I'd rather see LotR than this.

Brasel
03-22-2002, 01:59 AM
I'll see it, but I'm quitting my job at the movie theater before it comes out.

Skatche
03-22-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Attack of the Clowns, eh? Lots of Hoverbike action, then? Warring space gangs? A new character named Kaneda?

Xyvol
03-22-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Sir Anthony
I'll see it, but I'm quitting my job at the movie theater before it comes out.

Good, because they probably wouldn't let you see it untill all the huge masses of people got done with it.

richeva
03-22-2002, 03:52 AM
I cant wait, but i dont think that the trailer looks as good as ep1, theres way too much love.

Dragon Omega
03-22-2002, 06:15 AM
No, I'm not really interested at all. I didn't even see episode 1 until about a year and a half after it came out...:mischief:

Gerudo
03-22-2002, 07:57 AM
i really dont see why people came out for movies like this... yea, it'll be great. woo-hoo. just do what i do, either wait for it to be on PPV, or just wait till the stupidity dies down to see it in theatres...

Overlord
03-22-2002, 08:09 AM
It's the hype dude, atmosphere, especially if you're a fanatic like me ;) I'll definitely be in line for this. And whilst the movie does have romace as a main plot point, it also has more action than probably all the others put together. It will be the best star wars movie ever.

And richeva, did you catch only the Forbidden Love trailer? If so, check out Clone War (the newest trailer) no love in that one ;) just plenty of action.

AtmaWeapon
03-22-2002, 09:09 AM
I'm not as hyped as I was for Episode 1, for many reasons.

First, Episode 1 disappointed me. It was still better than 99% of movies made in the last 10 years, but it just didn't seem to live up to the Star Wars name to me.

Second, I watched one trailer, and apparently Anakin and Amidala don't do anything but kiss the entire movie. The trailer I saw went like this, from what I remember:
*explosion*
*Anakin and Amidala kissing on Naboo*
*lightsaber fight*
*Anakin and Amidala kissing on Tatooine*
*Boba Fett-looking guy*
*Anakin and Amidala kissing somewhere else*
*clones going on a ship*
*Anakin and Amidala kissing on a ship*
and so on.

Third, I don't like the CG special effects. Science fiction benefits from poor special effects sometimes. Personally, I think the CG stuff I saw was crappy. There were a few scenes in Episode 1(like the one where Anakin flies the Naboo fighter) where R2D2 was fully rendered, and it was VERY obvious to me. When a director blends makeup and men in suits with real actors, my mind percieves it as OK. When a director blends CG with real actors, and sometimes renders an actor, it adds an air of unreality to the movie and can ruin the experience for me. The Mandalorian (Boba Fett-looking guy) I saw in the trailer looked fully rendered and super-fake to me.

I'll watch it, and I'll probably like it, but I am not very hyped about it.

Overlord
03-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Well that is a point of debate at present. Some people like it, others don't, but we don't really have a say :shrug:

That's no reason to deprive yourself of what will be a fantastic movie (even to star wars standards) trust me, I've practically seen the movie. (no I was not an extra.)

And the only reason Anakin and Amidala were kissing right through the Forbidden Love trailer was because that particular trailer focused entirely on the love scenes. Like I stated above, Clone War focuses on the war.

I do however agree that Jango Fett does look kinda fake when he's flying. But the reason is he had to fly behind a pillar in that scene, and there was no way GL could do the scene with wires and stuff.

EDIT: Just thinking about it, if anyone wants a spoiler laden synopsis for the movie, PM me, and I'll send you one. I suggest don't do it unless you want to know most of the plot and action in the movie, but it might help to pursuade some people how good this one is gonna be. (it's perfectly legal as it's compiled from spoilers gathered over the past year or so, not from lucasfilm.)

Axel
03-22-2002, 04:31 PM
I dont know, phantom menace disappointed me. it lacked something the others had, but I can't put my finger on it. I dont think that attack of the clones will be that good either. sure it'll be a good movie, so long as there is alot less love than the previews show, but it wont be as good as anything from the 1st trilogy. and the title is both stupid and corny.