PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Warlock
03-22-2002, 12:14 AM
Rented this over this spring break (bah, almost over!) It's actually a very fun game! The camera is freaking annoying as hell tho... why oh why couldn't they just give me the option of moving it rather than forcing me to jump plaforms with a big-ass wall blocking my view??????????? Not to mention if I wish to go backwards I have to do it walking TOWARDS the god damn camera, because the game is too stupid to realise I might actually need to see where I am going (even the damn rotate option doesn't help as it goes back to the locked position as soon as you move).. bah.. but otherwise, very fun :D Although I do wish there had been some levels with regular (non-mech riding) Tails.. like when he is at the Chao Gardens.. hehe.. oh well..

Anyways, I have a question.. it won't matter since the game is due back tomorrow morning so it prob. won't get answered in time, but does anyone know what is up with the gold robot? It's like one of those hovering robots, only it's gold and doesn't shoot at you. There is one in every level I think, and if you aren't quick enough it disappears before you can kill it. I mean, is there a point to it? Do you get a prize for killing them in every level? I was sort of wondering about that..

Hmm.. anyways.. the Chao Garden is cool although it would be cooler if there was a point to it (other than the joy of raising chao and such :D) hehe.. oh well..

Another question, does anyone know where I might find pictures of Green Hill Zone? Supposively if you collect all 180 emblems (no way in hell I will do it, I'm at like 38), you can unlock a 3d version of the original Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1.. since there is no way in hell I'll ever see it (unless maybe I decide to buy the game, but I don't know if that will happen), I wanna at least see some pictures of it :D hehe..

Hmm.. well overall I was very impressed. It did a good job of retaining the feel of the original Genesis Sonic games but in 3d. I was surprised it was able to do that so well. Although I suppose the Spin Ball attack seemed less useful since he had the somersalt (bah my spelling sucks :D) attack which could home in on enemies. Also the sound was messed up.. not the bg music, but in the cutscenes characters frequently spoke out of cue and cut each other off (and in a "this sound file will cancel out this sound file" sort of way where the other guy would just sort of shut up all of the sudden and at inappropriate times, like they couldn't stack the voices but they wanted to)... hmm. oh well, minor technicallity :D

Oh, and the last level with Sonic (not the last level of the game from what I hear, I havn't beaten the Dark story yet and there is supposed to be one final level after that) is insane. Grinding over bottomless pits is evil.. Of course, trying to follow cryptic FAQs so that you can find the powerup in that level without having to replay it didn't help any.. grr.. when I eventually found it, it seemed fairly self evident on how they could have explained it much better, but oh well.

Dark Templar
03-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Did you use Sonic Advance along with Battle, I think theres like a mini game or something..

Warlock
03-22-2002, 12:21 AM
huh? No, I don't have Sonic Advance.. plus I don't think the link cable is out yet except on like Amazon.com or Nintendo.com.. I think those are the only places you can get it right now (more or less, I'm sure other online places have it too)

Brasel
03-22-2002, 12:25 AM
I own it, and its okay, but not the best. The story and dialouge is way too corney, but the game play rules.

Warlock
03-22-2002, 12:30 AM
The story and dialouge are pretty much what you would expect from Sonic the Hedgehog :D hehe.. at least it's translated fairly well (although Dr. Eggman will take some getting used to).. I thought the voices were all pretty good (although Rouge was annoying as hell)

AlexMax
03-23-2002, 11:18 AM
I'm only going to say this once...

TURN ON THE DAMN JAPANESE VOICES AND SUBTITLES!!!

ShyGuy0824
03-23-2002, 10:38 PM
I own the game as well...I've beaten it on both the hero and dark levels, although the "last" levels are somewhat insane towards the end. As far as the gold robots, I have no idea. It's probably one of those things in order to get an emblem as a challenge in later levels. I think I have about 50 emblems now, and it was very hard...

Green Hill Zone? That would be cool, but I can't help you...

e3h3
03-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Is this game worth the 50 bucks?

millmill
03-27-2002, 02:49 AM
The gold robots are guys that only appear for a few seconds, but if you destory them, they are worth 1000 points. You will usually need those points in order to get an A ranking on the levels where point totals decide your rank.

Peepo Man
03-27-2002, 09:17 AM
I beat it with 80 emblums

Axel
03-27-2002, 03:07 PM
it's a good game, just not worthy of being called sonic. it didnt feel like sonic. especially tails. that was just wrong, and the knuckles levels dont feel like it either, the sonic levels would mostly be more at home in a sports game too. good game, not a good sonic game.

sonic and mario just shouldnt have been moved to 3d...