PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

BeRzerKer
03-21-2002, 11:27 PM
I dont know if anyof you have ever heard of this but this is one of the best Virus scan Programs out there i think...I have Mcaffe and I scanned my hard drive Every day... it never found one untill i got this and it found a whole SHIT LOAD of them...Check it out

Plus its not a 30 trial

http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm

Breaker
03-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Wow, AGN's lucky to have an actual http://www.grisoft.com representative amongst us. Considering McAfee is the best, I doubt it didn't pick up on your "shit load" of viruses infecting your computer. (Perhaps you attained the viruses from trying out infected freeware software such as the one you are showing to us in the first place?)

In any event, perhaps AGN should start charging buisnesses to advertise on our beloved spam-free boards. (that'll be the day, the spam-free part anyway)

Cronic
03-21-2002, 11:40 PM
BeRzerKer, Ignore him... Preach on.

BeRzerKer
03-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Thank you Cronic i was getting a little confused there...

Cronic
03-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Yup, many times Breaker acts without thought and apparently he had failed to see your other 9 or so posts, and assumed you were merely advertising... either way don't sweat it, and welcome to AGN.

BeRzerKer
03-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Oh i see, Well thanks for the Welcome:)

theplustwo
03-22-2002, 12:24 AM
he was just flaming a newbie so don't worry, it's not against the rules or anything.

Edit: Oh wait, it is against the rules!! whoops.

Mander
03-22-2002, 01:13 AM
Yeh I have that one too and I have found it to be very good. It picked up a trojan that mcafee missed.

Drunken Tiger
03-22-2002, 02:54 AM
Im too scared to scan my conputer for viruses!!
My computer is like a breeding gound for viruses!!:lol:
I dont even have a virus scanner...
They dont bother me i wont kill them:sly:

richeva
03-22-2002, 04:00 AM
I think my not got any viruses anyway, im not sure, but it may have something to do with the whole 'screwed up windows, reformatted hard drive thing.'

obi
03-22-2002, 04:06 AM
Our school had a 'problem' with viruses, It wasn't my fault - there was one compie wich had wot 20 odd viruses - I didn't know and inocently used my discs on and spread it to the other compies - then we changed the whole system. Of course, the school has registered to sophos. I don't like it but I use the macafe that comes slightly with XP...

CH@O$
03-22-2002, 09:14 AM
wow, this stuffs cool, much better that McAffee

inori
03-22-2002, 04:26 PM
I use Norton Antivirus, and have been happy enough with it. I get it free because UC Berkeley has a campus-wide contract with Norton, that also allows students to download Norton Antivirus for their home machines. Very handy.