PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of quotes...

Weirdguy
03-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey, I had to do a presentation on John Lennon for a stupid class at school, and while I was researching him, I found some interesting quotes. I thought I'd share some of my favorites, and everybody can share their favorite quotes by whoever they want. Well, here they are.

"I don't intend to be a performing flea anymore. I was the dreamweaver, but although I'll be around I don't intend to be running at 20,000 miles an hour trying to prove myself. I don't want to die at 40." (really sad, he actually did die at 40)

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."

"The reason why kids are crazy is because nobody can face the responsibility of bringing them up." (I'll try this one the next time I get in trouble)

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

Paradox
03-21-2002, 10:51 PM
"Nothing is certain but death and taxes" -Ben Franklin

from the marx brothers movies:
"I've got a good mind to join a club 'n' beat you over the head with it"
"One morning i shot an elephant imn my pajamas. how it got in my pajamas i don't know"

from the matrix (i like a lot more quotes but they'd take way too long to type):
"No" - Agent Smith (in the cool way he says it when the helicopter comes outside bldg)

Dragon Omega
03-22-2002, 06:38 AM
"Ah'll be Bahck."-Arnold from Terminator.:mischief:

Mander
03-22-2002, 08:23 AM
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

If you are supposed to learn from your mistakes, why do some people have more than one child.

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

How can you tell if a man is sexually excited?
He's breathing.

I'm an apathetic sociopath - I'd kill you if I cared.

Take my advice; I don't use it anyway.

My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.

CH@O$
03-22-2002, 09:09 AM
why is this shootnig over my head???