PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble downloading Zelda...

Siper2
03-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Hey all. I'm having a hell of a time downloading the game... I get it all the way to 100% and finished, then my Zip window opens, and it seems to throw itself into some directory, and when I try to open/unzip it, nothing seems to happen. I have Zip 95 I think.... which I can't stand.

Is there a simpler/better Zip program? (I assume so, mine's pretty old.) There's just something in the method I'm using, I suppose, that's not allowing me to get to any kind of setup screen, yet.

Thanks.
-S2-

Cyclone
03-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Siper2: simply follow the yellow brick road (http://www.winzip.com). :D

Then kneel down and kiss de Blarney stone, mate. ;)

BTW, ignore the money crap; it's free. The evaluation version forever opens zips without you paying a penny.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Siper2
03-21-2002, 09:46 PM
Cyclone,

Great!!! Thanks, I got that downloaded. Wonderful. :)

However...heh... Now I'm having a hell of a time with the setup.
I have a SoundBlaster card installed, a new one I got several months ago (the PC Gamer or whatever it's called), with a Boston Acoustics surround system, plugged into the digital port.

So... how the heck do I get this to work? :D

Dart Zaidyer
03-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Chances are that if you have a soundcard made within the last 2 years, it won't work in ZC. That is, unless it emulates an older card, such as a Soundblaster 16. A SoundBlaster Live! will do that. But I don't know about that one you've got, it may or may not.
DOS support has generally been crushed anywhere outside of Unix or Linux these days, and Dark Nation probably isn't going to try to support more hardware since a Windows edition of ZC is on the way.

Siper2
03-23-2002, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it is a Live! edition. It's the X-Gamer one. Not quite as good as the Pro, but then again it's about a tenth of the cost, too. :D

I'd be alright (just sad) without sound, but I've got an error message that comes up when I try to start a game, too. I can get to the start screen, y'know when you create the characters (only it won't let me), but it won't start. Missing some kind of file.... but I can't read it all, the message is too wide for my screen.

Hmm.... so should I NOT try to run this from Windows??? I mean it runs from a DOS session anyway, but......

When's the new version due? Hell I could just wait I suppose.

Cyclone
03-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Siper, you're looking at a location address on War Lord's F drive. :D

To fix, simply bypass the error and push Left Alt (or your "A" button). Hit it again, and browse around to locate the directory. Select the quest. Try again. Problem solved.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Siper2
03-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Riiight. Well that makes about as much sense as a kick in the head. :D

Someone's F drive... Right. Interesting.

I'll try that and get back to ya.