PDA

View Full Version : Give me a paper an pen so I can write about my life of sin...

Cronic
03-21-2002, 02:13 PM
Ever read "On the road" or any other Kerouac novels?

I've had a book inside me for as long as I can remember, but I'm wondering is there any sort of market for books about real life experience anymore? Tjose who have read these books will know of what I speak, but is it all self help this, and fiction/horror that anymore? It seems to be all I've seen around for a while...

DarkDragoonX
03-21-2002, 02:18 PM
I like to read fantasy, sci-fi, and horror novels. And humor books. But I never, EVER voluntarily read non-fiction. Booorrrrrrinnnngggg.

obi
03-21-2002, 02:21 PM
the only non-fiction i read is in the news and on AGN (if the content here can be classed as non-fiction). Recently, i finised reading THE HOBBIT.
It is a sham that Fili and Kili die at the end, I was expecting Thorin but not fili and kili:(

Cyclone
03-21-2002, 02:31 PM
obi, wait until you start reading Lord of the Rings (Volume 1 being what the current movie is based on). I can tell you that...is nudged by DC...what? I'm offtopic? Sorry. :shy:

Cyclone
[email protected]

obi
03-21-2002, 02:49 PM
sorry to be off topic but, I have already read LotR, all three of them, Of course I wish i had read the hobbit first.
I got the books free with a Readers digest mix-up!:laughing:

ON-TOPIC
The shame is, people think bibliography, boring. so sales drop and they become harder to find.

JayeM
03-21-2002, 03:01 PM
So you novelize it and write it as "based aon a true story". These novels go over well. On the Road was like that and it was a cult classic. And Jack Kerouac was wonderful, I loved his books.

Jemsee
03-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Yea you'r right. I mostly read scifi or some kind of fiction.
The last nonfic. book I read was "The Real James Herriot : A Memoir of My Father" by Jim Wight. Kind of like a bio.
I had read all the other James Herriot books long ago so found this one interesting.
Oh...I also read "The Rock Says", that is I think somewhere inbetween fiction and nonfiction.:laughing:

theplustwo
03-22-2002, 12:55 AM
I know a lot of people who would buy a book by anyone named 'darth chronic':D

Mander
03-22-2002, 01:19 AM
I like reading books that are based on a true story. But for stories like that to work there has to be a hook that grabs the reader.

CH@O$
03-22-2002, 04:23 AM
id read your book DC but youll have to write it first

mikeron
03-22-2002, 05:25 AM
Honestly, if I could express my perseptions of the simplest things, I think I could make a lot of people happy, but it's hard to get started.

richeva
03-22-2002, 09:15 AM
I reckon people only read famous peoples biographys. But seeing as your famous around here, you cold sell a few cpoies!!:D

Dirk the Daring
03-22-2002, 10:21 AM
If you got a book in you, put it down on paper. Have you been to Amazon and browsed though all of the books for sale on bizarre topics? Every kind of book on every kind of topic is out there, you don't have to hit mainstream to reach people, although mainstream is where the money is. I think the toughest part, other than the writing/editiong would be getting backing to publish, but you never know until you try. Write a chapter or two and submit them to some people/publishers and get some feedback.