PDA

View Full Version : Digipen Project FUN

Mak-X
03-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Digipen is the video game college (real-time interactive simulation programming) funded by Nintendo of America.
www.digipen.edu

I came across this "Project Fun" while browsing their website a day ago.

"Have you ever wanted to make your own computer game?
Do you like exchanging game ideas with your friends?

DigiPen would like to offer you the opportunity to join an online club where you can:

Have access to a proprietary software environment to create your own computer games
Share the games that you create with other members in the club
Learn to make interesting games from the professionals - one step at a time
Learn the necessary topics in math and computer programming to achieve the "cool" effects in your games
And more...
Starting April 2002, you will be able to sign up to be a member of this "exclusive" club. The annual membership fee is US$60.00. Stay tuned for more information. "

I signed up for the mailing list because I'm interested in what it would offer. But now that I think about it, my computer probably wouldn't be able to handle any development softare. Its the closest thing to actually applying and moving to the other side of the U.S. though.

Cronic
03-21-2002, 02:03 PM
Actually what they will most likely do is connect you via network to a terminal at their location which can handle the software (like the PC anywhere prog) so I wouldn't worry about being low end. I found a program like this a while ago... one of those learn at home deals, and that's what it was. a bunch of people connected to machines they will never physically see :) It's kinda cool actually.

Elemental Knight
03-21-2002, 05:11 PM
I've been wanting to get into DigiPen for the last 5 years (Currently in 10th grade). Most people haven't a clue what I'm talking about when I discuss this ambition with them, though.

*Signs up for the mailing list*

theplustwo
03-22-2002, 12:39 AM
god I wish I had 60 bucks...:cry: